NBA CUP

Antony

Would love some feedback on this NBA Cup i'm having a go at. The idea is based on the state of Origin we have here in Australia for rugby and used to have for footy. However, as there are too many states in the US i've broken the teams into 6 American teams, a European team and a rest of the world team to play a knockout tournament.

I'm not really happy with the name ... NBA Cup if anyone has a better suggestion.

DRAW.png

The North East team has the biggest population ... just how it worked out.

NORTHEAST.png

I'm not too sure what colours to use for the Atlantic team ... as i've used blues for some other teams already.

ATLANTIC.pngLAKES.png

The Plains is a massive area ... I just kept making it grow cause they didn't have a large population to choose from.

PLAINS.pngSOUTH.png

SOUTHWEST.pngEUROPA.png

I'm not real happy of the Allies name ... and have no idea what colours to make this team yet.

ALLIES.png

If anyone has any suggestions to help me out? Or want to pull apart and improve the starting line ups I put together .... I couldn't for the life of me find an International small forward that was half decent. And I think in a team I put two point guards in the starting line up cause I couldn't find a decent shooting guard ... Although it's called State of Origin it doesn't have to be where you were born ... just spent the majority of your growing up years... For instance Michael Jordan was born in New York but moved to North Carolina when he was a toddler ... so he would play for North Carolina (Atlantic).

Just a thought, but it seems wrong to have Washington and Oregon in a division called "Plains".

Perhaps you could swap things around with the current Plains/Southwest/South states. I'd go with something like this:

California/Washington/Oregon/Nevada/Alaska/Hawaii (Pacific),

Arizona/New Mexico/Texas/Utah/Colorado/Louisiana (Southwest)

Michigan/Ohio/Pennsylvania/West Virginia/Minnesota/Wisconsin/Illinois/Indiana/Kentucky (Midwest)

Idaho/Montana/Wyoming/North Dakota/South Dakota/Nebraska/Iowa/Kansas/Missouri/Arkansas/Oklahoma (Great Plains) Florida/Georgia/Alabama/Mississippi/Tennessee/South Carolina/North Carolina/Virginia (Southeast)

Maine/Vermont/Massachusetts/New York/New Hampshire/Maryland/Delaware/DC/New Jersey/Rhode Island/Connecticut (Northeast)

Those seem a bit more logical from a georgraphical standpoint, I think. You'll never be able to balance the population, but this might actually make it easier to pick colour schemes and stuff.

The Pacific would look good in green, and the Southwest in brown, just to throw that out there.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Thanks, taking it on board. I'm not too great on my US geography! I was going to go for red, green and white for the South West from the Mexican flag and a brown or orange for the South. With the Plains I could maybe just change the name ... to Plains and Mountains ... or umm I'm not sure but something outbacky as those states seem to have smaller populations.

Thanks, taking it on board. I'm not too great on my US geography! I was going to go for red, green and white for the South West from the Mexican flag and a brown or orange for the South. With the Plains I could maybe just change the name ... to Plains and Mountains ... or umm I'm not sure but something outbacky as those states seem to have smaller populations.

What about calling it the "Frontier" division.That is about the only name I can think of that once applied to that whole vast area from St. Louis to Oregon.

What about calling it the "Frontier" division.That is about the only name I can think of that once applied to that whole vast area from St. Louis to Oregon.

That is better i think but cause it is a team, maybe "Frontiers" .... and putting it into a Theasaurus ... maybe the "Wild", "Boonies", (Boondocks) "Sticks", "Terrain"

So wait...I'm still confused. Is this like a Champions League-type tournament within the league itself?

Yeah, but a knockout tournament more like the FA Cup with less teams. There are 8 teams so Quater Finals then Semi Finals and a Final. The teams are divided like the NBA All Star weekend (EAST and WEST). However, instead of where your NBA team is located, you are assigned to your team from your state of origin (or country of origin).

Cool concept, would like to see better uniforms though...

Ray Allen is from all over (army brat) but went to HS in S.C. only problem I saw on the rosters...

OK, OK, sorry to be that guy, I like the idea though!

Ray Allen has now been movedto the Atlantic! I just need a decent SG for the South West now ... The best I can find is Aaron Afflalo or James Harden ... or I could squeeze Brandon Jennings into SG maybe.

I haven't done enough work on the uniforms yet ... but have finished the Europa one now I think and have done acouple of courts apart from putting on the court name logos.

EUROPAUNIFORM.png

EUROPACOURT.png

FRONTIERCOURT.png

NORTHEASTCOURT.png

Any ideas to make them better? (the Plains are now called Frontier .. thanks to Jaha32)

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't worked on the uniforms courts or logos for a while but was bored at work and came up with the John Stockton Medal! I went with John Stockton because he played in my favourite NBA era and is perhaps the greatest player to never win an NBA Championship (along with Malone). He is a one club player which I really like and didn't go ring chasing to other teams at the end of his career. The Medal I just ripped off the star off the 92 olympic dream team jersey. I'm not sure if there are any medal designers in here that would want to have a go at making a better one maybe!?

JohnStocktonMedal.png

Archived