Toronto Torpedos

sparkychewbarky

I thought that I'd try a fun concept for a 2nd Toronto NHL franchise.

There's no historic reason for the name or colours.

Its just an interesting alliteration, and I like green, orange and white as a colour combo.

First up: the logos.

The primary might be a little too close in appearance to the SJ Sharks, but it's a torpedo smashing through the ice.

The secondary features the sight markings that you would see, looking through a periscope.

That needs a bit of work too, as it looks too much like an old captain's wheel. (It needs a little hi-techin'-up).

Anyway, see what you think...

torplogos.jpg

The sweaters are petty basic.

They'd be worn with green pants with the white and orange striping down the side. (pants later)

I'm going to work on a different font for the numbers and wordmark.

(For now I just used the stuff from the previous Highlanders concept.)

Here's the Aways...

torpsaway.jpg

And here's the Homes...

torpshome.jpg

A fresh new team in Toronto could benefit from fresh new unconventional striping. As much as I like solid traditional stripes I think they are overused and should stay with the historied teams. You don't have to play it safe with a team called the Torpedoes, and I'm readily looking forward to this project B)

Midway.png

I like the idea--but I'd like to see the torpedo without the face as well to compare.

The unis fit together well, but the logos border on being too big--they're probably okay--but might look better a bit smaller.

You may have tried it out that way already and decided this look is better--if so--forget I mentioned it.

If not--give it a try.

But overall I like the work, and with torpedo starting with T you could base this team just about anywhere.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I like the idea--but I'd like to see the torpedo without the face as well to compare.

You may have tried it out that way already and decided this look is better--if so--forget I mentioned it.

Yeah Stampman, I tried a plain torpedo, but it looked a little bland without the face.

Let's face it, a torpedo's a pretty plain looking object...kinda looks like a pencil...zzzzzz.

Anyway, I tried to make it a little less cartoonish; a little less balloony (thanks blue);

More like a real torpedo with a cartoony face painted on it, if that makes any sense.

I changed the secondary. The periscope sights look a little less like a captain's wheel.

I kept the traditional stripes for now Midway, but I'm working on an alt with some original, more modern striping.

Here's the new logos...

torploigos2.jpg

The Aways...

torpaways2.jpg

The Homes...

torphomes2.jpg

Thanks for the input guys.

hey sparky! i like these but its needs a yellow third. maybe using that torpedo logo like wild wing would help as its the best of the 3.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Archived