Team Colors and College Colors & Nicknames Updates

TruColor

Updates:

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some updates for today:

I really wish Illinois College, my alma mater, would quit switching back and forth between royal blue and navy blue. When I was there they used both colors. Some teams were also adding red. It was up to each coach that orderd the uniforms. They then officially made the colors navy and white and standardized all uniforms. Now some teams have switched back to royal blue. The football team has added grey also.

• 2 months later...

A few updates:

I've been busy.

Is there any way to indicate which items have been updated on each page?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Wow, I just now remembered that I already asked you that. I feel like an idiot. Sorry for pestering you about it.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Wow, I just now remembered that I already asked you that. I feel like an idiot. Sorry for pestering you about it.

What I will say is that, after making some minor changes to the look of the swatch images about a year ago (borders around the colors), I now have all of the images regenerated.

All 7,400 of them.

Updates for the holiday:

"N" was just a minor update to North Dakota State U.'s current colors, while "O" is a new update.

Northern Kentucky is D1 now (A-Sun)

Thanks...I'll make the change.

I also want to reiterate that any time you see a color swatch with an asterisk - * - in the lower-right-hand corner, it means that it is an estimated color. For example:

ColorSwatch_RedEst.png

Asterisk = estimated color.

No asterisk = confirmed Pantone value.

If anyone has any Pantone values I'm missing, PM me and maybe we can "work something out" (!).

What I will say is that, after making some minor changes to the look of the swatch images about a year ago (borders around the colors), I now have all of the images regenerated.

All 7,400 of them.

Quoting myself for a correction: it's "only" been over 7,000.

(Didn't want to exaggerate!)

I started adding conference info to my College Colors & Nicknames section...four-year schools beginning with the letter "A" are up:

http://www.colorwerx.us/research/CollegeColorsNicknames/FourYear/A/A.htm

The rest will follow as I get them completed.

(Still working on cleaning up the letters S-Z however.)

• 4 months later...

Lots of pro teams updates today:

Lots of collegiate updates coming...

Here are some updates to the College Colors & Nicknames section...four-year schools beginning with the letters 'A' through 'G':

I went back to the beginning and updated enrollment info, as well as adding athletic conference affiliation. I'll continue to update as I get each letter completed.

• 3 weeks later...

More updates:

Highlights include: up-to-date enrollment info, athletic affiliations and conferences for four-year schools ("A" through "R"). "S" through "Z" is in progress. Some CFL updates - including the Ottawa REDBLACKS colors. NHL Draft 2014.

• 4 weeks later...

More updates:

I finally completed four-year schools beginning with "S"...will continue with "T" soon.

• 3 months later...

I've been working on all sorts of projects in my spare time - including doing my RGB-optimization-thing on all of the newly released Cooperstown Collection MLB graphics - but I've also decided to generate a second set of college colors...complete with Pantone values.

I will continue to display just the swatches publicly, but changing the URL can give you a different report image with the Pantone values.

For example - here's what is displayed:

AdelphiU_ATH_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

The URL is 'i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad347/ColorWerx/College/FYR/FYR-A/Colors/Solid/AdelphiU_ATH_9999_SCC_SRGB.png'

(I've taken out the 'h t t p : / /' portion of the link.)

Changing the URL to 'i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad347/ColorWerx/College/FYR/FYR-A/Colors/Solid-Detail/AdelphiU_ATH_9999_SCC_SRGB.png' gives you:

AdelphiU_ATH_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

I don't have many up as of yet...I will update this thread as I get them completed.

• 4 months later...

A few updates:

Archived