Team Colors and College Colors & Nicknames Updates

TruColor

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More updates to the College Colors and Nicknames and Professional Franchise Team Colors sections on ColorWerx.us:

The bulk of the updates have to do with some format cleanup, but I am also starting to regenerate images that use PANTONE Metallics. Pantone recently added their "classic" Metallics library to their PANTONE Color Manager software, and for the first time in over 10 years, I now have definitive RGB data for these colors. Previously, I was getting this information either derived from CIE-L*ab information, or from Adobe Illustrator swatch libraries (not the most reliable source). It will take a while, but eventually all swatch images will be regenerated to reflect the new RGB information.

Also to note - colleges and universities beginning with the letters 'U' and 'V' are now available. On to the letter 'W'...

Do you still have your research from when you did Bowling Green State University's? I'm curious as to why the shades of the colors changed, and why burnt orange and seal brown went to just orange and brown.

It's _____________ and Toledo still sucks.

[insert time here]

Do you still have your research from when you did Bowling Green State University's? I'm curious as to why the shades of the colors changed, and why burnt orange and seal brown went to just orange and brown.

Don't know why they changed, only that they did. As far as the color descriptions go - I'll look into it...they may not have.

On your information for Arkansas, we actually didn't become the Razorbacks until 1910. We were known as the Cardinals up until that point when the name was changed.

Good to know. I'll make the correction.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I already know the answer to this.....but does the new A11FL have anything definite on the color swatches yet?

Had to look that up - didn't even know about that league.

...oh, and here's some news...I've decided to post Pantone values for collegiate color sets...I'm in the middle of re-generating the images...should have four-year schools beginning with A through C up this week.

We'll see what fallout might happen with this...I'm actually considering putting up pro Pantone values as well...seems like teams aren't as protective as they once were...as long as vector graphics aren't getting posted, they might be fine with it.

But I'd like advice from the pros out there before I get myself in any danger.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think I already know the answer to this.....but does the new A11FL have anything definite on the color swatches yet?

That would mean they would actually have to have something other than cool logos on their media sites. This league is done.

They last updated everything May 1st (after cancelling the Showcase Games, stating a new opportunity for the league to be better, and "postponing" their California teams due to allegedly to the state's worker comp laws).

Their last entry anywhere was "more details coming throught the month". Again, that was May 1st. Nothing else as of today, July 9th.

I was really, really interested in the league and very disappointed. Determined to get answers, I searched without success for any information since from the A11FL. Nothing. Then, I pulled up their Board of Directors and did a search. THAT was telling. Everyone...and I do mean EVERYONE...from their Commissioner to their CEO, COO, Media Director is showing in LinkedIn that they have moved on to other things. ALL of them showed A11FL as a past job. Busted by LinkedIn...it's all about knowing how to do research. That was 2 days ago. Today, the official A11FL site is down.

I understand when things don't work out, but why leave people hanging indefinitely? Pretty rude.

ColorWerx, is it possible with all their good graphics to get good estimations on their colors?

That would mean they would actually have to have something other than cool logos on their media sites. This league is done.

They last updated everything May 1st (after cancelling the Showcase Games, stating a new opportunity for the league to be better, and "postponing" their California teams due to allegedly to the state's worker comp laws).

Their last entry anywhere was "more details coming throught the month". Again, that was May 1st. Nothing else as of today, July 9th.

I was really, really interested in the league and very disappointed. Determined to get answers, I searched without success for any information since from the A11FL. Nothing. Then, I pulled up their Board of Directors and did a search. THAT was telling. Everyone...and I do mean EVERYONE...from their Commissioner to their CEO, COO, Media Director is showing in LinkedIn that they have moved on to other things. ALL of them showed A11FL as a past job. Busted by LinkedIn...it's all about knowing how to do research. That was 2 days ago. Today, the official A11FL site is down.

I understand when things don't work out, but why leave people hanging indefinitely? Pretty rude.

ColorWerx, is it possible with all their good graphics to get good estimations on their colors?

Well. I did some more digging and found that just 2 hours ago, they issued statements on Facebook and Twitter that they are re-branding the league under a new name with NFL rules. More "more to come" promises. We'll see..but there'll probably be more Elvis sightings than things actually happening here.

I think so...I was just looking at those the other day.

For example, I'm pretty sure the "new" Michigan Panthers are using the old teams' colors:

505 C, 452 C and 279 C.

I see that the Florida Gators supporting colors are dark green and light green......the light green should be replaced by bright green imo.......because that is the color Albert the mascot has, and it´s actually only on him the 2 green colors appear .......:)

I see that the Florida Gators supporting colors are dark green and light green......the light green should be replaced by bright green imo.......because that is the color Albert the mascot has, and it´s actually only on him the 2 green colors appear ....... :)

That's pretty much how I have it listed:

FloridaUOf_ATH_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

These represent the official Pantone values. The Light Green is what it is - a Light Green. No "Bright Green" to be found in their color palette.

I'm about to update more collegiate sets with the official Pantone values listed, so be aware of that.

Oh i know Mr. ColorWerx ......i am just saying the school should change the name of one of the supporting colors to bright green, because Albert is green and bright green.......LOL.......and i assume that is where these supporting colors come from in the first place, since their teams only wear blue and orange.

It does in that picture.....but in others it looks brighter and not like the weak dusty green ......think it will be better if i just ask him what color he is, i assume he has an email address.

Archived