Team Colors and College Colors & Nicknames Updates

TruColor

Just completed a large number of updates on my site...including the NFL, NHL, and four-year colleges and universities beginning with the letters A through F.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did catch a mistake here, on Dickinson State University. It lists the women's team name as Blue Chicks. They haven't been called the Blue Chicks in a long time. They are the Blue Hawks, just like the men.

(I have to post this because my daughter is a Dickinson State grad, and my mom, who turns 96 in March, is taking a class a DSU. Yes, at nearly 96, she's taking a college class. I SO love to brag about her.)

I did catch a mistake here, on Dickinson State University. It lists the women's team name as Blue Chicks. They haven't been called the Blue Chicks in a long time. They are the Blue Hawks, just like the men.

(I have to post this because my daughter is a Dickinson State grad, and my mom, who turns 96 in March, is taking a class a DSU. Yes, at nearly 96, she's taking a college class. I SO love to brag about her.)

Nice! I'll make the change as well.

An error on E:

Emmanuel College of Massachusetts has been coeducation since 2001 and is Roman Catholic, run by the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur.

Thank you.

Please let me know if anyone finds anything else. (There will more-than-likely be more.)

Did your daughter actually get a real degree from DSU, or just one of those made up ones is the real question. Haha, some weird stuff going on over there now.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

• 2 weeks later...

"M" is next...one of the largest sections to do...

Please be sure to list "Milwaukee" in the M section, even if it's just a notice directing people to the W section for University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.

On that note, UNC-Charlotte should probably be listed in the C section as "Charlotte" (again, even if its just a link to the N section) and UW-Green Bay should be listed as "Green Bay" for the same reason. None of these schools use their university systems' branding for athletics.

• 2 weeks later...

I have completely re-upped the MLB:

Major League Baseball

On my blog (ColorWerx Blog), I have explained some of the changes moving forward. Here are some of the highlights:

• The removal of Gray road uniform colors. The MLB does not list Gray road uniform colors as official; most of the uniform graphics will specify a Pantone value, but it may or may not match what is actually worn on the field. However, I continue to track this information and have just excluded the information from the report that produces the swatch images. Any specific road uniform colors however, such as the Khaki Padres road uniforms from a couple of seasons ago, and the plethora of Powder Blue road uniforms from the 1970s will continue to be displayed.
  • The designation of "Official Colors" in place of "Primary Mark Colors". Often, the color palettes of a particular mark will include secondary mark colors, additional artwork colors, etc. For example, the World Series marks of the last ten years or so will include "Player Illustrations", broadcast marks, additional artwork and the like. Designating these as "Primary Mark Colors" was inaccurate. Designating them as "Official Colors" encompasses all of the marks and artwork under one "umbrella" so to speak.

Spotted an error. Well, a possible error. Florida State's colors were purple and gold originally. But I don't believe they were actually Florida State yet. This was circa 1905 I believe.

pen-early-florida.JPG

Thanks for the info. I default the beginning and ending years for this kind of information based on the established dates...if I get more specific info, I adjust accordingly.

In regards to the school name - here is their history:

• 1851-1900: The Seminary West of the Suwannee River
  • 1901-1904: The Florida State College
  • 1905-1946: The Florida State College for Women
  • 1947-present: Florida State University

Yes, I track this stuff as well.

More updates:

The MLB, NFL, NHL and MLS are very minor updates - just a couple updates and/or corrections.

Archived