Team Colors and College Colors & Nicknames Updates

TruColor

Regarding the Wisconsin Blast (International Basketball League), their colors were a shade of green similar to (if not exactly) kelly green and black. I remember going to a couple of their games at the Brown County Arena (where UWGB played at the time), but they drew so few paid fans that they ended up finishing the season at a high school gym in Appleton.

EDIT: Found this link.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding the Wisconsin Blast (International Basketball League), their colors were a shade of green similar to (if not exactly) kelly green and black. I remember going to a couple of their games at the Brown County Arena (where UWGB played at the time), but they drew so few paid fans that they ended up finishing the season at a high school gym in Appleton.

EDIT: Found this link.

Thanks. I appreciate that.

• 1 month later...

Lots of updates today:

I have also made a small but significant change to the swatch images themselves; I removed the hairline border around each color "chip"...personally, I feel the borders take away from the individual colors...I think it's cleaner without them. However, I'm displaying a border when representing White (e.g., R:255, G:255, B:255).

Here's an example of an image with the color borders:

ClearwaterThreshers_FRC_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

...and here's one with them removed:

ToledoMudHens_FRC_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

I made this brilliant (!) decision in the middle of these updates...the college sets (four-year schools beginning with A, B & C), and the more recent baseball updates (Golden, Hawaii Winter, Heartland and International) are the only ones with this change (yet).

I feel the borders take away from the individual colors...I think it's cleaner without them. However, I'm displaying a border when representing White (e.g., R:255, G:255, B:255).

I agree 110%. A border around white is completely understandable, but the other colors don't need a border, especially since the swatch border is white. Just my two cents.

UniJ

I feel the borders take away from the individual colors...I think it's cleaner without them. However, I'm displaying a border when representing White (e.g., R:255, G:255, B:255).

I agree 110%. A border around white is completely understandable, but the other colors don't need a border, especially since the swatch border is white. Just my two cents.

UniJ

The other thing I'm going to do is to remove some of the verbiage beneath the color chips when representing colors defined as part of a "Supporting Colors" set. I'm going to eventually come up with a set of "rules" per se regarding how I identify Primary Colors vs. Secondary Colors vs. Supporting Colors vs. Additional Colors vs. Alternate Colors, but I think it's fairly clear that "Supporting" colors are those that are used in logos/marks but not in a more dominant way.

For example, in that Toledo Mud Hens image, the "Marks" designations will be removed underneath the Yellow and Orange chips. I feel that simply defining them as "Supporting Colors" should clue the viewer into their usage.

...oh, and in case anyone's wondering, I'm already in the middle of regenerating the NHL swatch images. With the changes outlined above.

Latest updates:

Just want to say how much I've enjoyed rediscovering your site over the last few days, Colorwerx. I've been putting together a complete NBA team history timeline, and it's been invaluable in getting the correct colours - saved me hours, if not days.

Just want to say how much I've enjoyed rediscovering your site over the last few days, Colorwerx. I've been putting together a complete NBA team history timeline, and it's been invaluable in getting the correct colours - saved me hours, if not days.

I appreciate the sentiment...sometimes I feel like I'm just doing all of this for myself...

...anyway, here's the latest:

Tons of minor league baseball updates:

• Research Projects/Professional Franchise Team Colors: American Association (2006 through present)
  • Research Projects/Professional Franchise Team Colors: Frontier League (1993 through present)
  • Research Projects/Professional Franchise Team Colors: Midwest League (1956 through present)
  • Research Projects/Professional Franchise Team Colors: North American League (2001 through present) new.gif
  • Research Projects/Professional Franchise Team Colors: Northeast League (1995 through 1998)
  • Research Projects/Professional Franchise Team Colors: Northeast League (2003 through 2004)
  • Research Projects/Professional Franchise Team Colors: Northern League (1993 through 2010)
  • Research Projects/Professional Franchise Team Colors: Northwest League (1955 through present)
  • Research Projects/Professional Franchise Team Colors: Northwoods League (1994 through present)
  • Research Projects/Professional Franchise Team Colors: Pacific Coast League (1903 through present)
  • Research Projects/Professional Franchise Team Colors: Pioneer League (1946 through present)
  • Research Projects/Professional Franchise Team Colors: South Atlantic League (1946 through 1963)
  • Research Projects/Professional Franchise Team Colors: South Atlantic League (1980 through present)
  • Research Projects/Professional Franchise Team Colors: South Coast League (2007)
  • Research Projects/Professional Franchise Team Colors: Southeastern League (2002 through 2003)
  • Research Projects/Professional Franchise Team Colors: Southern League (1964 through 1970)
  • Research Projects/Professional Franchise Team Colors: Southern League (1972 through present)
  • Research Projects/Professional Franchise Team Colors: Texas League (1946 through 1970)
  • Research Projects/Professional Franchise Team Colors: Texas League (1972 through present)
  • Research Projects/Professional Franchise Team Colors: Texas-Louisiana League (1994 through 2001)
  • Research Projects/Professional Franchise Team Colors: United League Baseball (2006 through 2010)
  • Research Projects/Professional Franchise Team Colors: Western Baseball League (1995 through 2002)
  • Research Projects/Professional Franchise Team Colors: World Baseball Classic (2006 through present)

• 3 weeks later...

Lots more updates:

I'm starting a new job tomorrow, so I won't have nearly as much free time, but rest assured that I will continue my research moving forward...

• 2 weeks later...

Today's updates:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It's been a while - I've been ridiculously busy lately, but here are my latest updates (finally):

I may not be seeing it because the pages are so long, but is there a way to indicate on the college pages which schools have been updated?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I may not be seeing it because the pages are so long, but is there a way to indicate on the college pages which schools have been updated?

I'll have to work on that...shouldn't be too difficult.

Thank you.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived