Sporting Pacific

DomTheAthlete29

I think C2 sports have done a good job on these but it may be a mistake to dump the original design as it is an awesome package.

Maybe this new design could be more of a Heritage set?

Also i think if you transfered this new design to your uniforms it would be great.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

I think C2 sports have done a good job on these but it may be a mistake to dump the original design as it is an awesome package.

Maybe this new design could be more of a Heritage set?

Also i think if you transfered this new design to your uniforms it would be great.

I loved the old set, but the palm tree doesn't really work with the new mainland location!

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

You're right, but this is after all Fantasy.

Seattle is a Portside, Bayside area, who is to say Coconuts never washed up along the waters edge in any area around the Salish Bay etc?

Ultimately it is your decision but i am going to give you my opinion as honest as i can as i always do and i think that the colours and new logo are a downgrade. This logo you have know is more like a military patch and could be for a team like Washington Sargents or Seattle Bombers, either change the colours or make it more of a shield and round the bottom half of the logo.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

You're right, but this is after all Fantasy.

Seattle is a Portside, Bayside area, who is to say Coconuts never washed up along the waters edge in any area around the Salish Bay etc?

Ultimately it is your decision but i am going to give you my opinion as honest as i can as i always do and i think that the colours and new logo are a downgrade. This logo you have know is more like a military patch and could be for a team like Washington Sargents or Seattle Bombers, either change the colours or make it more of a shield and round the bottom half of the logo.

I will look into rounding the bottom of the logo in the next update. I'm pretty sold on the colors, and the clash kit colors will be amazing.

I was a fan of the initial design for Sporting Pacific. However, the redesign has more of a military feel to it than what the Club moniker conveys.

Yeah I wanted to tie in the naval theme into the logo due to the military ties in the area. What suggestions may you have for another name?

teams.gif

Looks a lot like one of my old snooker logos.

DartsCaptain.png

Yeah that's kinda where I got my inspiration for this logo.. I have some additions coming that will separate them further.

My logo isn't even in the same class as yours tho Davidson, you are a fantastic designer.

teams.gif

Looks a lot like one of my old snooker logos.

DartsCaptain.png

Yeah that's kinda where I got my inspiration for this logo.. I have some additions coming that will separate them further.

My logo isn't even in the same class as yours tho Davidson, you are a fantastic designer.

I think that "kinda got inspiration" is a little different from what you did here. Inspiration or not, those logos are awfully similar.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Look, I'm not suggesting you don't use things like that as a start point, I use others work for ideas all the time, I just find it a little odd that you would keep it so similar to the point that I would instantly recognise it, not just from the layout of the elements but the colours too.

It's not even that it's an illustrative animal that took time to render and refine, it's just a few block shapes. If I would have taken anything from it, it would have been the flourish at the top (think its what captains wear on their sleeves from memory).

It should take someone like yourself who can use illustrator 20 minutes to bash out 5 differing versions of this logo, all of which would look as different from each other as from my logo.

If I were you I'd look up a few more naval shapes and just try a few variations of the concept.

Look, I'm not suggesting you don't use things like that as a start point, I use others work for ideas all the time, I just find it a little odd that you would keep it so similar to the point that I would instantly recognise it, not just from the layout of the elements but the colours too.

It's not even that it's an illustrative animal that took time to render and refine, it's just a few block shapes. If I would have taken anything from it, it would have been the flourish at the top (think its what captains wear on their sleeves from memory).

It should take someone like yourself who can use illustrator 20 minutes to bash out 5 differing versions of this logo, all of which would look as different from each other as from my logo.

If I were you I'd look up a few more naval shapes and just try a few variations of the concept.

Yes I completely get what you are saying here, guess I was looking more for direction as to where to go next rather than saying here is my submitted final design.

I am looking a naval captains sleeve patches among other things and will have something put together this weekend.

Hopefully you will post some critism when I do post, would love to have a chance to learn from the best!

teams.gif

Archived