Generic "eagle" logo

CS85

I'm not much for doing original logos, and decided to get my hands dirty with some practice. Threw this eagle cept together in about 45 minutes and wanted some feedback on what I did well, and what I did terribly wrong. Advice, etc. Immediate problems the honed designer eye can see.

LafU9.png

Thanks to any and all who comment with some constructive advice.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I'm not much for doing original logos, and decided to get my hands dirty with some practice. Threw this eagle cept together in about 45 minutes and wanted some feedback on what I did well, and what I did terribly wrong. Advice, etc. Immediate problems the honed designer eye can see.

LafU9.png

Thanks to any and all who comment with some constructive advice.

Referring to this as a "cept". :P Honestly though you're using too many colors and the head is a bit amorphous at the moment. Define the shape of the head more, use fewer colors, and thicken up the shading/areas of negative space.

Like others said, too many colours to be a logo. Also, it definitely says "bird" but it doesn't exactly say "eagle". Play around with the shape of the head some. Plus, if you're not using reference photos, do so, even if it's not going to be an exact representation. It's a good start for someone who hasn't really done logo work before.

rATMcmK.png

Archived