Soccer TimE

TimEOBrien

New Template Update  

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

um i wonder where ive seen that home kit before

Euro 2008 anyone?

yeah, I liked that design a lot, but they're not the same. and the other 3 uniforms are more original.

Germanteam.jpg

Read my England post, I said I was gunna use some previous designs:

I keep some ideas from Nike and Adidas (and umbro and...) so I admit some of the ideas are there's

So please don't come in hear and passive aggressively call me a thief.

Italy in a few minutes.

Thanks for the comments Cohen and Perfect Zero

Italy:

I actually kinda like the font Italy has been using this year, so I tried to recreate it. These are all pretty traditional but I feel like flag sleeves and fonts cross these into a very modern feel.

Italy_Display_1.jpg

These are really nice but wih your german ones the way i saud it might of come off wrong but its well exicuted as with all of these

Racing2.png

CapitalCanuck.png

Five-lights.blogspot.com - my Motorsports Blog

These are really nice but wih your german ones the way i said it might of come off wrong but its well exicuted as with all of these

Thanks. Sorry if I snapped. I sometimes get too defensive on these boards (sometimes I think for good reason, haha).

I'll have a run down on your most recent posts:

Italy: I like the home, nice shade of blue you've used, a little OTT with the size of the tricolour on the sleeves though, more like the shorts and I think it would be better. It works fine on the away however as the three colours aren't competing with the blue of the shirt. The keeper concept looks more like leisurewear but nice nonetheless, I would have gone with the change style but maybe with a chest band like the current Italy GK kits have.

Germany: A little too close to the 2008 ones for my liking so i'm gonna skip on commenting here.

Ireland: These are great, I like the two shades of green for the home kit, not a huge change from their current kit but I think it's enough. For the away I wish you'd used the darker shade of green for the home shirt, well I guess you did on the 'second change' kit. GK kits, orange isn't really a classic GK colour so it looks a little odd, especially when paired with green instead of a neutral colour, comes across more as an extra outfield kit, the change goalkeeper strip looks cheap and tacky with the flag in this style.

Spain: The gradients don't work here, and the stripes come across more as a Catalan thing, which is not good for a Spanish kit, I however really do like the socks. The away is a classic and you've done it really well. The grey GK looks a bit meh but the gradient on the red/yellow GK works quite well, this in more neutral colours would work well as a home gk kit.

Denmark: I was very confused by the home concept until I read your blurb then I got it, but straight away just thought it doesn't work at all. The vertical line looks bizarre in all honesty. The away is nice, the chest band extending to the back and underlining the name is a great touch. The contrasting colours of the home gk looks bad on the eyes, but it's something I can see Denmark doing, away gk falls at the same hurdle the home kit did.

France: I hate seeing France not wearing blue-white-red for the home kit, Nike took a huge crap on the French tradition with their home kit and you've not improved on it here. I thought that away kit was a work of genius too, but teaming it with gold numbers doesn't work and it's just hard to see the name and number. I can appreciate your 'special change' kit but could have done with the sleeves remaining blue. Two very solid looking goalkeeper kits here, good job with them.

Holland: Too much like the Nike designs too justify a comment.

England: Very solid kits, all look good and don't deviate too far from tradition. The red away does look very late 90's though, but some people might see it as a good thing.

I'll keep it too the Euro kits, I already think I've wrote too much.

All five Italy jerseys are great, except I don't like the number font. Especially on the ones with number 10, the "bite" out of the 10 looks odd. Also, I like your keeper change kit better than the regular keeper kit, but they are both good. Nice concept again!

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

The kit designs are really good, especially the change kit. I like the idea of a two-lined number font to go with the new cross, but I think having two colors on the numbers is a little distracting. I would stick to two white lines for the numbers on all except the change, where I would use two red lines. Also, I think the cross on the keeper kit should be one color, either red or white whichever works for you. Great design again and hope this helps!

Cohenj.png

The kit designs are really good, especially the change kit. I like the idea of a two-lined number font to go with the new cross, but I think having two colors on the numbers is a little distracting. I would stick to two white lines for the numbers on all except the change, where I would use two red lines. Also, I think the cross on the keeper kit should be one color, either red or white whichever works for you. Great design again and hope this helps!

It does help, I thought the same thing about one color numbers on the primary kit (all green) but I wanted to see the reactions from people. Seeing that that was the first reaction, I think I'll go back and change that. I'm still not sure if I'll change it on the white one though...

It does help, I thought the same thing about one color numbers on the primary kit (all green) but I wanted to see the reactions from people. Seeing that that was the first reaction, I think I'll go back and change that. I'm still not sure if I'll change it on the white one though...

The white one looks fine, I just think you should change it on the others.

Cohenj.png

Sweden looks nice (love that alt 'keeper kit), but right now you have three of five kits with blue and some kind of yellow stripes on them. I'd like to see more variety, maybe just introduce another color for the alt or something (black?).

EDIT: On the first 'keeper kit, how would it be with a two-digit number? The number 1 works well, but bigger numbers wouldn't fit.

ScreenShot2012-05-28at102740PM-1.jpg

YNWA

Wow, these are really good. The alternate keeper kit is, well, adventurous, but I like it. I think that for the second change kit you should put the name in the yellow stripe, and then put the whole number in yellow below it. You might want to introduce a third color like ocel0t said, even if it's just white or black, but all look great individually. Nice job!

Cohenj.png

I do like the second change better than the primary, but you should keep the primary as an alternate kit. There are some legibility issues, and for the ones wih the issues (primary, change, keeper) you could try a stripe of solid white where you want the name to go, and just use the type over the solid stripe instead of over the checkerboard. Hope this helps!

Cohenj.png

Very nice. Love the coat of arms, and the primary is especially good. I feel like the numbers are a little off-center on the ones with the coat of arms, see if you can center that a little. Other than that, nice job!

Cohenj.png

Archived