Soccer TimE

TimEOBrien

New Template Update  

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The primary and change kits are flawless, and your stripe thing really works well on them. However, I'm not sold on the same striping thing on the keeper kits because it looks kind of forced to me. Try ditching the white stripe on the keeper jerseys and you've got a winner IMO. Hope this helps!

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

This is also good, but I would suggest making it so the vertical stripe doesn't interfere with the numbers, either by changing the numbers or putting the stripe only on the front. Nice concept!

Cohenj.png

I like the primary and change kits but the keeper kits are a little weird. I think the change kit should be the primary and I think you should do something similar for the change kit. (With a cross and green) great work

+1. Also the socks are giving me a seizure... :)

Cohenj.png

Last one. Edits will follow at some point...

Czech Republic:

Very simplistic (perhaps too simplistic) but I think it works for this team (and Puma seems to think so this year too). Though I do go a bit more experimental on the change and keeper kits.

Czech_Display_1.jpg

Great series and Czech set!

Although, the sash on the change keeper kit looks too much like Russia's flag. Maybe cut it off in a triangle 3/4 of the way up to differentiate them.

Other than that it's a near perfect set.

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

EDITS:

Ok so if you go back and refresh the pages you will see that some of the images have changed. I've updated certain teams and just re-upload the images, so those tweaks are as follows:

Czech Rep: Both keeper kits have been updated. This now has white numbers and NOB and this now doesn't have a white stripe on the sash.

France: I updated the Change kit so that the gold font now has a white stroke around it so that it's more visible. I think this change makes it work, but I'd be interested to see what others have to say.

Poland: Both of Polands keeper kits change so that they either have the white portion of the flag or the red portion, not both.

Portugal: The primary now features all green numeral fonts and the Keeper change has all red numeral fonts.

Spain: Spain's Second Change loses it's gradient.

Now, for the bigger changes, I uploaded new images:

Croatia: I switched the Second Change with the Primary.

Croatia_Display_2.jpg

Ireland: I created an all new dark ash gray/black keeper change kit.

Ireland_Display_2.jpg

Sweden: I created an all new black keeper kit for better contrast.

Sweden_Display_2.jpg

A lot to digest, I know, but let me know what you think...

Love the new Ireland goalie change. All other updates are good, and that France update definitely works now. Poland keeper kits look especially good. Great series!

Cohenj.png

Portugal: I really don't like seeing Portugal in all red, I prefer Red-white-green but that is just personal preference. The multi-coloured numbers look terrible to me, they just about work on the front of the away but not on the back of the shirts. The green numbers on the home let it down the most, if they were white it would be great.

Sweden: All of the very nice and work fine, and even better with the black goalkeeper kit in the edit.

Croatia: Home is perfect, no need to change a thing, if you were to adjust it just remove some of the red checks for the legibility, as the alternate with the all blue back would be terrible. The away is also a great choice, I'd just remove the red checker behind the crest as that looks out of place to me. Both GK kits solid but I would switch them around.

Ukraine: All good, if not a bit bland but safe none the less.

Poland: You really should have the coat of arms crest instead of the PZPN logo on the Polish shirt if you think the present version is too busy. IRL Nike actually first produced the shirts without the white eagle crest and the PZPN logo in it's place but there was so much uproad in Poland about this Nike was forced to stitch it in the middle of the shirt as the PZPN (Polish Football Federation) wouldn't remove their logo from the shirt. Many Poles resent the federation for this.

Everything else about these kits looks good though.

Russia: Solid home. I'm not a fan of the away, I just don't think red pinstripes on white work in any occasion never mind just football kits and pinstripe shorts, well the less said about them the better. GKs again good.

Greece: Home is fine, blue and white stripes would make a nice change for them and all European football kits in general. The away however is far too similar to get used, same goes for the gk kit. Away version is something I can see Greece in.

Czech Rep.: All very solid, except the 'flag kits' though, they just look cheak done this way.

Thanks for the comments, both of you.

But this:

Poland: You really should have the coat of arms crest instead of the PZPN logo on the Polish shirt if you think the present version is too busy. IRL Nike actually first produced the shirts without the white eagle crest and the PZPN logo in it's place but there was so much uproad in Poland about this Nike was forced to stitch it in the middle of the shirt as the PZPN (Polish Football Federation) wouldn't remove their logo from the shirt. Many Poles resent the federation for this.

= +12 for being hugely useful knowledge.

I only got one out yesterday, so today I'm looking to post three. And Thanks ocel0t for the comment.

Ireland:

Oh boy. My team, the Irish, are having some issues this tournament. The Group of Debt looks too strong for my Irish brethren. Perhaps they would play better in different unis...

Now That I've had a day or so to look at this concept, I actually like the Second Change Kit better than the Change Kit but c'est le vie. Very thin Pins + super stripy socks = pure sex.

Ireland_Display_1.jpg

I know it's part of the flag color, but wouldn't Keane and Ireland fans (well.. at least the Catholic ones) be a teeny bit queasy with orange jerseys for historico-religious reasons?

BTW, I Love the kits!

I know it's part of the flag color, but wouldn't Keane and Ireland fans (well.. at least the Catholic ones) be a teeny bit queasy with orange jerseys for historico-religious reasons?

BTW, I Love the kits!

Orange was included on the Irish flag for this reason:

It was included in the Irish flag in an attempt to reconcile the Orange Order in Ireland with the Irish independence movement.[citation needed] The white in the centre signifies a lasting truce between the two cultures and a living together in peace.[14] The flag, as a whole, is intended to symbolise the inclusion and hoped-for union of the people of different traditions on the island of Ireland, which is expressed in the Constitution as the entitlement of every person born in Ireland to be part of the independent Irish nation, regardless of ethnic origin, religion or political conviction

Part of that reconciliation is including orange predominantly in my Keeper kits.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived