Soccer TimE

TimEOBrien

New Template Update  

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Euro 2012 has enthralled me all week, so I figured I'd see what I'd do if I was in charge of coming up with the kits. I keep some ideas from Nike and Adidas (and umbro and...) so I admit some of the ideas are there's and I do keep the shoulder stripes Adidas seems to require on their kits (smh) but I have no logos on these unis beside national logos (not even Euro 2012 stuff).

That's just how I roll.

_____

Up First...

England:

The English need classic, traditional kits, but that doesn't mean they have to be boring. The Change kit features red on red pinstripes while the Special Change kit, a kit for only the most important of games, returns the Three Lions to a predominantly white kit with red trim and an all red logo.

The Keeper Change Kit was inspired by the current keeper kit Hart wore in England's match against France.

England_Display_1.jpg

Very, very nice. Love the red jersey. My only complaint is that the primary jersey should have more red on it, to better represent the colors of the English flag (which has no blue). Great designs!

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Netherlands:

I love the Netherlands. Like, LOVE, them. I love that their flag is red, white and blue but they wear black and orange. I love their logo. I love their tradition. And I love their style of play. Because of all of this, this is my favorite set I've done so far.

I keep their number font and basic design but I move the weird chest splotch thingy from their current black uni so that it goes over the heart (and therefore combines with the logo), I add it to the shorts and I basically flip the design for the Change Kit. The Second Change is inspired by the flag.

Netherlands_Display_1.jpg

Netherlands:

I love the Netherlands. Like, LOVE, them. I love that their flag is red, white and blue but they wear black and orange. I love their logo. I love their tradition. And I love their style of play. Because of all of this, this is my favorite set I've done so far.

I keep their number font and basic design but I move the weird chest splotch thingy from their current black uni so that it goes over the heart (and therefore combines with the logo), I add it to the shorts and I basically flip the design for the Change Kit. The Second Change is inspired by the flag.

Netherlands_Display_1.jpg

Love it and just an FYI they wear orange and black because its the royal families colors, and yet generally have red white and blue stripes on at least part of the collar (I dont know if they still do but they used to)

France:

I really liked the white kit with the blue stripes France wore last year, so I combined that with certain aspects of their Euro 2012 blue kit and combined them to create a new primary and change (and, unusually for me, both keeper kits).

The special change kit echos their 1998 World Cup winning kit.

France_Display_1.jpg

People seem to not be commenting so I'm gunna try and see if some bolder designs spark interest.

Spain:

With the Spaniards, I decided to play around with some gradients. The primary kit is inspired by part of the Spanish crest while the Change kit features the crowned lion from the crest on the shorts.

Spain_Display_1.jpg

You have some great ideas, really like this thread.

For the Spain kits, home and away kits are great, but the third kit and alt keeper kit don't really do much for me.

My favorites so far are Holland and Denmark.

Great work!

ScreenShot2012-05-28at102740PM-1.jpg

YNWA

I only got one out yesterday, so today I'm looking to post three. And Thanks ocel0t for the comment.

Ireland:

Oh boy. My team, the Irish, are having some issues this tournament. The Group of Debt looks too strong for my Irish brethren. Perhaps they would play better in different unis...

Now That I've had a day or so to look at this concept, I actually like the Second Change Kit better than the Change Kit but c'est le vie. Very thin Pins + super stripy socks = pure sex.

Ireland_Display_1.jpg

Archived