Orlando Magic Concept

lancebridwell

I was watching a Magic game and the ball with the starry trail bothered me, so I came up with this simplified version...

zals.jpg

I know it is BY FAR not the best concept on here, but I'd like to know

A - How to get the logo less pixelated.

B - C&C on the logo itself and how I should progress from here.

Again C&C encouraged! Thanks!

ayr02r.gif

I don't think, because thinking implies uncertainty. Therefore, I KNOW.

A - I'm not sure how the pen tool made it look any kind of better, it still came out pixelated.

B - I tried the blue in the swoosh/thunder and it really lacked black, but I can upload a blue thunder version if you'd like to see what I mean. And as far as the big M goes, how would I go about doing that without it looking forced?

ayr02r.gif

make the ball 1 colour. this will give the logo more of a realistic look. my fave though is number 3.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

If we had no pre-existing knowledge of the real Magic logo, this would look like a ball with a horse tail or something.

Eliminating the stars, and having the "tail" not connect to the ball or be the same color as the part of the basketball it streaks from, is simply not an improvement. I can tell you don't have a good program or the tools to make this not pixelated, but even considering that, this doesn't flow nearly as well as the real logo.

I actually have Photoshop 7, I just have a tough time eliminating the pixelated effect for some reason, even with the use of the pen tool. I'll add some stars back in, but I'm not exactly sure where to add them.

ayr02r.gif

I guess I am not sure what you are trying to achieve here. If you simply add some stars back in, then you basically have a much inferior, sloppier version of their current logo. What is the point?

If you don't like the starry trail, then think of something different. There are different ways to convey "magic." Get creative.

Archived