New York Mets fauxback

goforbroke

While this is a nice idea, I do not think you executed the look of a team from 1870. The design as a whole is much too modern for the time period. The most obvious violator of that is that the team wears a vest. Unless I am mistaken, I'm pretty sure MLB teams didn't start wearing vests before 1940 at the earliest (I think it was the Cubs).

I also feel that the Primary and Cap logos are too complex for the time period, as from what I've personally seen, teams didn't start wearing logos with interlocked letters until around 1908. That's nearly 40 years after this concept is supposed to take place. I would consider scrapping the primary and cap logo, and just sticking with the secondary and wordmark for this concept. I think that will make it more effective. Maybe place the NY logo on the chest of the home (and caps) and the wordmark on the road. I'd also avoid using both a wordmark and sleeve patch, as that was a later phenomenon as well.

All in all, I think this is too modern for 1870... However, this would be an excellent concept for a mid 1950's version of the team.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Yeah, this feels more like something from the 40's or 50's. And is this based on the assumption of there not being the New York Giants? Because that's where the Mets got their NY from and all, and it seems more like they would've had something completely different if the Giants were in fact still there.

I guess the techncal aspects of when and how this concept would be worn didnt make a ton of sense... I was just thinking about it in terms of a faxback... The mets would wear it today, on a retro day game, even though it was never an actual uniform they wore. Thats what a meant by fauxback. And the concept would be "what-if" the mets were an origins 1870 team.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

I don't really like the primary logo on the chest of the home uni. The Small writing doesn't look good in that spot. Just the NY logo would look better IMHO.

I got the idea for the primary patch logo on the chest from the league of their own unis... Which I know is the '40s but I still thought looked interested and fauxback-ish.

dugan_display_image.jpg

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Archived