Hockey help with logo

panthers_2012

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was bored on day and I don't know if the NHL, like the NFL,encourages high schools to use their logos and to recolor. This is my own concept I decided to do, but I need CCSLC help. I can't decided between these two panthers. I currently go to ELyria Catholic High School and I thought it would be neat to use the Florida Panther logo that has the panther breaking the hockey stick. The main colors of EC are green and white, but it feels like there are actually green and black. The hockey jerseys they have right now just have a plain block EC(can be seen on my banner) and no panther. I thought it would be interesting if you guys can help.

Here are the panthers, in the main jersey color of green.

Thank you for your help and I'll check the poll in a couple days to see the results, also feel free to comment.

decided to go a different direction

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

Your school seems to be going through a BFBS issue. Is it a kelly green or that forest green I'm seeing here?

Also consider cougar, puma and mountain lion logos (same big cat either way). Some of them are probably nicer than the Panthers logo. Or perhaps the Panthers' roundel logo? Given that it looks to be on its way out it might not be so bad to pick up the roundel logo either and change the text.

An even better idea than stealing/borrowing from a team: coming up with something original.

I was bored on day and I don't know if the NHL, like the NFL,encourages high schools to use their logos and to recolor.

I'm pretty sure no one does this.

An even better idea than stealing/borrowing from a team: coming up with something original.

I'm pretty sure no one does this.

Okay, i see what you guys mean. That's why I joined this fourm. I'm still a newbie at this. I do have an original panther that can be seen on my banner. I'll just use that instead. Thank you for all of the feedback, now I have seen the error of my ways.

spacer.png

Quite frankly, I'd suggest working on that current panther, it's a mess. But a mess that could be cleaned up if executed properly.

I agree with you. Actually, EC let me do a t-shirt design with this logo and it's in better shape, and updated, than the one on my banner. It's on my other computer, but it was scanned and I'm trying to get all of the pixels and discolorization out using MS paint. I will post the panther as soon as I can, but the image will be big and you can probably see the discoloration of it. Everyone at my school said that was the best panther logo that they have ever seen, but I'm still waiting for the shirts to come out and I gave this to the AD in October. I can post and see what you guys think of the logo.

spacer.png

My high school asked me to do the same thing, LOL! The design is going to be similar to the Hamiltion Bulldogs, but with a few tweaks.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

My high school asked me to do the same thing, LOL! The design is going to be similar to the Hamiltion Bulldogs, but with a few tweaks.

Nice. I'm still waiting for my AD to get the forms out...grr. But anyway, I have the panther uploaded on the site now, so here it is. It' a little big, and I originally drew this and colored it with markers, so it might look bad, idk.

Panther2.jpg

C+c and if anyone can suggest how to get discolorization(don't know if it's a word, but oh well) of MS paint,I'll be happy :grin:

spacer.png

Archived