Lonely Alts: Rockies Generations

Discrim

On our last episode: Rangers

Today, it's the Rockies. I am NOT the Big Black Peterbilt...or even the Little White Pinto. Despite that, we resume the semi-alt history trip.

1999: Broncos Tribute

rockies99lonealt1.png

2007: home alternate

rockies2007lonealt1.png

2012: Nuggets Tribute

rockies2012lonealt.png

2012: Denver Bears "Strikezone" tribute

rockies2012lonealt2.png

Talk to other people. Talk to yourself. Talk.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I'm really loving the Nuggets and Broncos tributes, I don't have anything against the other two (Bears) tributes, I just think it's because I don't really know anything about the team to pick up on what you were going for so that's entirely on me.

On a side note; your second graphic says "logos property of the Texas Rangers" while the rest say Colorado Rockies. :P

Good work as usual.

The "Lonely Alts" thing: basically, sometimes I have an idea for an alt but won't have one for either the home or away. I generally release these in sets of four. A normal Lonely Alts post would feature four teams (though since my focus has been elsewhere, I haven't done such a set in a while), while "Generations" is basically one team's alternate history in concept form.

The second one's disclaimer: yeh...I simply forgot to change it. Seems to run in my family, many of us tend to forget one thing or another.

capn: though I left it unsaid, one could also take the second one as an Avs tribute of sorts. Main reason I used the Bears-inspired script there is I didn't feel the Rockies' normal script would work there.

And yes, my master plan centered around the Nuggets tribute.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I see the Peterbilt thing done become a running joke around here. :P

That said, from a purely baseball standpoint, the 2007 alternate looks best. For my two rusted Lincolns, the Rocks own purple and should utilize it as such?crying shame that they don't. That set does so damn near perfectly.

Overall, though...that 2012 set is the winner. Game, set, and match.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived