Chicago White Sox Concept

BigRed618

This concept for the White Sox was inspired by a logo they had in the beginning of the 20th century, a simple block "C", when they were called the White Stockings:

cwsunis.png

Also made a variation of the logo they had in the 1910s, one of my favorite baseball logos of all time. I got the idea for the sleeve patch from the logo they had in the early 70s, a white sock in a red circle with a ballplayer superimposed. The logo also appears on old schedule pamphlets but without the player, which was a bit simplistic, but I thought it still looked nice.

C&C appreciated. Thanks! :)

Very interesting concept. I actually kind of like the "ox" in "S" you made. The jerseys are a little plain for my tastes. Maybe add a silver outline to the script? I'd also make the the diamond logo black with a silver outline instead of silver with a black outline. That way the patch and the scripts have some consistency to them. Overall, nice job.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

UPDATE: Made some changes suggested by piratesfan16:

cwsunis.png

Added silver trim to the numbers and primary to match the sleeve patch better. And yes, the script logo on the away jersey is based on one the Cubs used to use. I like the cursive script the Sox use now, but I figured for this concept a more stoic font would suit them better.

Archived