Bringing Back The Buzz!

Jay-Buzz

What should Charlotte do?  

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

When I read the post about New Orleans ditching the Hornets name, I was immediately inspired to design a new logo for Charlotte to mark a new age of Hornets basketball in Charlotte (where its supposed to be!!). I wanted to keep some features from the original logo and i also took a few of the modernized features that the New Orleans logo had. But in the same I wanted to make a logo that showed that Charlotte is a force to be reckoned with (or will be in the future....7-59 :wacko: ) C&C please.Charlotte Hornets 2013

Jerseys and secondary coming later.

Bring Back The Buzz!!

just because New Orleans may be dropping the Hornets name doesn't mean Charlotte can have it. besides, the New Orleans team will still have the history of the old Charlotte Hornets. also, it would be dumb for the Bobcats to go back to the Hornets. hopefully it doesn't happen.

Untitled.png

No, Charlotte wants and needs the Hornets back. To get an inkling, click my sig. It may just blow your mind.

PS, the logo looks a bit..... distorted? The mouth is all wrong, but I think it has potential!

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Click the Banner - Join the Movement!

Bannertop.jpeg

Charlotte Hornets, New Orleans Jazz, Utah Bobcats...

See my avatar.

Renaming the Bobcats the Hornets won't magically make them the team everyone fondly remembers from the 90s. They'd still be a crappy 2000s expansion, just one trying to pretend they're something they're not.

No, bringing back the Hornets name wouldn't make them into the old Hornets overnight... and that's a good thing. The Charlotte Hornets were the epitome of a treadmill team, the "new" Hornets would hopefully have higher aspirations than a second-round loss. Don't get me wrong, the Hornets were fun to watch, but never a title contender.

The real benefit to bringing the Hornets name back to Charlotte would be twofold - one, throwback Charlotte Hornets merchandise still sells well, and two, it could bring fans back and therefore help the organization restore its image.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

good modernization of Hugo

As far as the name change, I think Charlotte should take the Hornets name back, but only if and when NOLA drops it. If Benson changes his mind and decides to keep it, tough cookies.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

Archived