Toronto st. pats re-release

mr71

I am a bit cheesed.  I bought last season a nice reproduction of the Toronto St. Pats jersey from the Leafs Merchandise store.  They said it was a limited release and would be limited to a couple of thousand produced.  Lo and behold, an upcoming release by CCM for the fall will be the Toronto St. Pats jersey.  Ltd. my butt!!  GRRRR!!!!

Well, technically it is still limited in that a finite number will be produced - it's just that the final number won't be determined until the end of time.  :D

Unless you are purchasing jerseys, or anything for that matter, for pure investment purposes, don't trouble yourself with worrying about the number of items produced.  Just enjoy it for what it is and the real reason why you bought it -- because you thought it would be cool to own, wear, etc. -- and try not to get ripped off.

Oh, I know.  I like the jersey.  It's really nice.  But it has that tag in the jersey that says it # whatever out of i.e. 3000.  Now it won't be true.  But like I said, it's really a nice jersey!  Although, I can't believe that the team wore brown helemts and pants with the green jersey.  Some weird foliage motif I guess! :D

Oh, I know.  I like the jersey.  It's really nice.  But it has that tag in the jersey that says it # whatever out of i.e. 3000.  Now it won't be true.  But like I said, it's really a nice jersey!  Although, I can't believe that the team wore brown helemts and pants with the green jersey.  Some weird foliage motif I guess! :D

They wore the brown gear with the jersey because back in the day there was no such thing as hockey gloves in another colour other than brown.  So, they just made the helmet to match the gloves and pants.

Where does one find this list of upcoming vintage jersey releases?

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

There was a listing on oldjerseys.com but, it has since been taken down. They had the St Pats jerseys but, they will probably have different tagging than the Leafwear release.

If I remember they are going to have the 1969 Expansion Collection. They say they will be a different material and a tag in the front. They will be the designs that all 12 teams had in 1969.

The new Vintage will have, among others-NorthStars Home, Rockies Home, Scouts Away, Capitals Away, 80's Bruins Away, Rangers logo jersey away, Blue Penguins- away, Vancouver yellow "V".

By Capitals road, do you mean the red one with the stars of the blue one with the Eagle?  (I'd buy either one in a second)

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

Sorry, I should have said that. It's the red one with the stars.

Archived