USSF Logo Concept

BigRed618

I decided to do soccer concepts for a change. Here's what I would do to fix the US Soccer logo:

hni0096mpo.jpg

I thought I would go with an old-fashioned, wartime theme. I made the trim like I did so there would be better balance between blue and red, but now that I look at it, it also reminds me of the border on that famous "I WANT YOU" recruiting poster from back then. It's meant to evoke feelings of national pride, taking on the world to protect our nation's honor and all that.

C&C appreciated. Let me know what you think.

I like it! I think the US would definitely benefit from a logo like this. One suggestion would be to get rid of the star, becuase normally on national soccer team crests, each star represents how many world cups that country has won. The US has won none. Replace the empty space by adding an A so it says USA

I like it! I think the US would definitely benefit from a logo like this. One suggestion would be to get rid of the star, becuase normally on national soccer team crests, each star represents how many world cups that country has won. The US has won none. Replace the empty space by adding an A so it says USA

+1. My thoughts exactly. Good logo.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Thanks for your input. The star is an American symbol, but I understand what you're coming from. When I first saw US's current crest as a kid, I saw those five stars on the top of the shield and immediately assumed that our boys had already won five World Cups! Boy was I horribly wrong!

Anyway, a USSF crest without using stars, I decided to take that challenge and came up with this:

hni0099mpo.jpg

I used a suprisingly-underused national symbol, the eagle, complete with olive branch and arrows. Also changed the text. "USA" didn't seem long enough so I used "USSF" instead. Your thoughts?

I like the second update the best. The shape of the shield is nicer (it's fairly reminiscent of the NFL shield, actually). The update feels like it has a better spatial distribution, where as the first rendering feels slightly empty. While the new USSF font isn't my favorite, it is a massive upgrade over the initial "US" font. The eagle is a great idea, though I would be curious to see it as solid navy blue like the previous poster mentioned. Good work!

Archived