The Provinces Project

officeglenn

I will agree with others' comments on Ontario's colours needing to be changed somewhat. I think the Island's uniforms look the best of the set.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This whole thing is amazing. You have some very creative uniforms, and incorporate parts of each province's culture and/or flag. Nova Scotia and Nuavut have to be my favorite for hockey. I can't wait to see your sports to come.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Thanks for the comments everyone. It always frustrates me to see concepts that a lot of time has been put in on go pretty much un-commented on these boards, while lower-quality ones continue to rack up responses. Maybe that's the catch, though; if it's poorly done, there's more to comment on. Or maybe if the OP is trying to involve others by trying to get them to suggest nicknames or something.

To address some of the comments made herein:

? Yes, the Saskatchewan uniforms were purposely made to look like the Roughriders. I figured, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. So much of the province's identity revolves around the Riders and their colours, so it was a natural fit.

? I don't feel comfortable changing Ontario's colours given the parameters set out in the original post. I added a bit of navy blue to Quebec's scheme really out of necessity, but as mentioned, there is some precedent there. It feels a bit like a copout, but I don't think it would be in the spirit of the project to drastically change one of the primary colours, NHL allegiances aside.

? Opinions seem kind of split on the tartan in the Nova Scotia set. I honestly didn't think it was overbearing. I can't see it being as prominent in other sports as I move forward.

? Wasn't planning on doing anything for Canada or Northern Ontario. Frankly, I don't agree with the inclusion of either in their respective curling tournaments, and just wanted to focus on individual provinces and territories.

? The next phase will likely be baseball; those are the concepts brewing in my head right now. It might take me another month to get it all together, though, so don't hold your breath. ^_^ Question, though: Should I do white and grey uniforms for all teams (per baseball tradition), plus a few alts? Or a white and a colour for each, plus a few secondary colour alts?

Good series og.

I like 'em all but 2.

Ontario-Red, White and Blue(Navy) is probably the most overused combo in sports, but there's not 1 RWB in the bunch.

Ontario should be Red, White and Navy to reflect its 'Red Ensign-ish' provincial flag.

Quebec-A little too staid for the flamboyant province, IMO...Perhaps a more vibrant electric blue could replace the powder.

Other than that, I like what you've done. The plaid looks great on the NS sweaters.

Just a side note...when you see a group of uniforms together, it's amazing how the '1-colour-and-white' unis pop.

Your Nfld, P.E.I., and Sask sets are great.

As for the not getting comments thing, I have been following this series since the start and honestly haven't had anything to contribute as I think most of these are great and I have no idea about Canada but you have done a great job (and the reason a lot of people reply to bad concepts is because they want t help make them better but with yours that isn't easy to do) :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived