DFL - Wichita Cheetahs

Artisan219

The logo and color scheme are pretty bada$$, especially the logo. If I had one gripe, it would be make the ear smaller and follow more along the contour of the back. Right now it looks like a distorted white "C" on its head. Like I said, I'd make it smaller and just fill the left over space with one more cheetah spot, that's all. And that critique is stretching it, I love it. And thank you so very much for not over killing your uniform with cheetah spots. One other idea I want to throw out there is, maybe, a canary yellow third jersey? Keep up the good work.

UniJ

Love the jerseys the canary yellow is my favorite right now, you might want to make the sleeves( not the jersey sleeves) spotted aswell.

Also what template did you use?

I am confused, if not the jersey sleeves, what other sleeves are you referring to??? Just curious, lol.

UniJ

PS, Canary jersey rocks.

I used Andrew Harrington's Nike Pro Combat template, but so far as I can tell, the mediafire link I used to download it is no longer valid. I vector traced a pair of Nike football gloves just to add gloves to the template.

(I'm currently vector tracing a Schutt Vegeance helmet for future template use, and yes, I will post that on the board for those interested, but it's slow going at the moment.)

Finally, a decent cheetah logo! *stands up really, really excited*

My only issue is that I don't like the use of green. Cheetahs are gold and black, and while sure, you do need a third trim color, I don't like how much green is being used.

Yes, that's a valid point. I explained my palette choice in my other thread when I was working on the logo aspect, but I neglected to post that thought here.

The colors come straight off the city seal.

Wichita_Kansas_seal.png

You'll notice that green is admittedly very sparsely used in the seal though. My decision to push the color was based on the fact that Wichita, as the largest city in Kansas, is occasionally called Emerald City, due to the association bewteen the state and The Wizard of Oz.

I could make another alternate that puts more emphasis on blue and yellow.

Where I host images is my preference, thank you. I actually do not care for ImageShack because it renames files and doesn't allow for animated gifs without a paid subscription. Granted, their paid services are cheap, but I still prefer PhotoBucket, but I have my gripes with that too because it iterates duplicate filenames rather than replacing images (if I have an image that needs edits, I like to be able to fix the image without having to upload a new file or edit my image links).

I can view the images perfectly on either of my computers, my phone, and my kindle so I know the links work. And that accounts for multiple browsers, two of them from mobile devices. Also you are so far, in all my threads, the only one to post such an issue, so more I'm inclined to believe the issue is more on your end, though I have no idea what would cause such a problem. I can only suggest checking some of your browser settings or checking with the forums for some kind of tech support.

In the meantime, I can give you the direct addresses for the images.

Archived