The Imperfect's Random Baseball Concepts

The Imperfect

I like the new scripts, but I'm not sure about the 'B' cap logo. Not that it's bad; it just doesn't feel like the Orioles with it.

Also not a fan of the mismatched socks (only the roads look good, anyways), the drop-shadowed numbers or the way the "O's" logo no longer matches the home script.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Overall this looks really good, especially the black alt, I wish they would wear that one. Just a couple of small things. First, I would eliminate the drop shadow on the numbers like aci said, because I find it unnecessary and cluttered. Also, not a fan of the socks on the road jersey. Other than those couple things, very nice job.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

That St. Louis Browns set is top notch, excellent job on that one. Washington is also solid, except I'm not sure about the blue pants on the road. Nice job on these.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Orioles - I don't like the bird you chose as much as the current bird. and their current hats are perfection that I feel like you should at the very least change the front panel to white and the bill to orange.

Browns - Nothing wrong with the concept at all. Very unique color scheme and I like it.

Senators - I dont like the dark blue headspoon with pinstripes. I'd go one or the other. Personally I'd also switch the hats.

Angels - perfect Angels set. Especially the pants stipe.

Overall, very clean and professional looking. great work so far. I look forward to seeing more posts

Orioles - I don't like the bird you chose as much as the current bird. and their current hats are perfection that I feel like you should at the very least change the front panel to white and the bill to orange.

Browns - Nothing wrong with the concept at all. Very unique color scheme and I like it.

Senators - I dont like the dark blue headspoon with pinstripes. I'd go one or the other. Personally I'd also switch the hats.

Angels - perfect Angels set. Especially the pants stipe.

Overall, very clean and professional looking. great work so far. I look forward to seeing more posts

Doesn't it kill you that the Angels could never get it right! I mean how hard would it have been to pull out something like I designed!? So clean and sexy for an awesome look for a baseball team! And they never used gold as an accent with that logo scheme. Just an ugly gray... SMH

And I mos def think I made the pinstripes on the Washington set way too tight. That set was designed based off what the team wore in the WAY early 1900's.

signature1b.png

signature2qx.png

Here is a concept of the Kansas City Cowboys, based on a team called the Packers which played in the Federal League from 1914-1915. I thought their 'KC' interlocking logo was just too cool to pass up, and was inspired by one of their hats I found on the internet.

kcchome.pngkccaway.png

kccalt.png

signature1b.png

signature2qx.png

I've decided to start a new mini-series, and here is the premise...

I'm back in 1903, as the American League and National League have just signed a new agreement to respect one another's contracts and agree to meet one another in the World Series at the end of every year. I get the chance to redesign both leagues, with a chance to create a lasting image for every team. I will give myself a few rules to follow to make things look complete and in-line with each other.

1. I am allowed to change team names, but not town locations.

2. I am allowed to change color schemes, but can only use historical color schemes each franchise used between the years 1901-1910.

3. I can choose any logos from a team's history between the years 1901-1945, to keep a dated realistic image in tact for all teams.

4. Numbers will be used, but considering teams didn't start putting numbers on jerseys until the late 1920's, I will use the date of the last day each player I use on the jersey's played their last game as the number. (ex. Ty Cobb's last game was Sept. 11, 1928; therefore the number on his jersey below is #28.)

My first concept will be for the Detroit Tigers. For the first two years of their existence, the Detroit Tigers sported a Black / Red combination for two years from 1901-02, but historically wore a Black / Yellow combination in the 1890's which gave them the nickname of the "Tigers". Unfortunately, the rules don't allow me to go back to that combination, but I do feel the Black / Red combination is more bold during this early era of baseball history, in a time where the most popular color combinations were Blue / White or Black / White. Obviously, the Tigers would go on to use the Blue / White combination for most of it's franchise history, but I want to have as wide of a range of color combinations as possible for this project, thus, will use the combination from the '01-'02 seasons.

Quite frankly, Detroit had some of the sexiest uniforms during those seasons.

al_1901_detroit.gif

Obviously this is a completely different look for Detroit, with the city name sporting the front of the jersey, while a solid red-colored tiger was stitched on the front of the hat. While the Tiger of it's time is interesting, I also think it's very ugly. The Tigers' SportsLogos.com page shows you a history of the Old English D, obviously the number one logo associated with the franchise. It's had an interesting history, and my rules limit me to a wide range of 10 options. The one to be chosen would have been used during the first couple years of the Ty Cobb/Sam Crawford duo of dominance, through 1904-1907 according to SL.com. I took it into Photoshop and vectorized it once more, while not trying to make it perfect for it would lose it's glamor.

I stayed pretty true to the '01-'02 uniforms, while switching the dominant color from Red to Black on the sleeves. Obviously, I took the Detroit script off the home uniform, and threw the Old English D I choose on the front where it classically is placed. It was tough deciding whether to put an outline around the D, but I eventually wasn't satisfied with how it looked, and decided to keep the logo, sleeve patch, name, and number unstroked. The sleeve patch is easily the boldest move I made on the home uniform, but I really like the way the first Detroit script in black looks on the left sleeve where it would be right near the logo. As for the hat, I replaced the old lion in the '01-'02 uniforms with the Old English D I choose, while on the pants I put the sleeve stripping on the socks to match, and added the side striping to make it look sexy.

dethome.png

The away and alternate jerseys are soon to come...

signature1b.png

signature2qx.png

#01 :: Detroit Tigers

Here is the complete set for the Detroit Tigers, my first team in this new project I am embarking on. The home jersey is explained above in my previous post, I guess I should explain a little bit about the rest of these jerseys. The second uniform is the team's regular season away jersey, sporting their original Detroit script on the front of the jersey, a style first pioneered by the Detroit franchise. And YES! I did pull out the fugly tiger logo, because I think it needs some legitimate lovin' on the right sleeve of my Detroit aways. And I'm gonna give it some lovin'. Honestly, it doesn't look that bad with the new color scheme! Right!?...right? Plus it's a only a tiny patch, so don't worry about it...

Moving on...the red jersey on the third uniform is the team's home alternate, only to be worn a few times a year...But don't call it a Sunday jersey, because I'm sure Detroit had blue laws in 1903 which prevented the club from legally being allowed to play on that day, one of the strange rules of early 20th century baseball I had recently learned about. Obviously it's my most outlandish kit out of the bunch, because I'm pretty sure no team ever work a completely red wool jersey as their regular kit IIRC (not even those stinkin' Cincy Reds!). But hey, it was common practice with the color blue, so I don't understand the big fuss about using red! But my away alternate, the all black jersey at the bottom, is also pretty obnoxious, although I think it's pretty sleek for 1903. I kept the same stripping from the home jersey for the socks and sleeves, while going with the super-modern look of an all black alternate. I'd say that kit would look pretty threatening on a visiting Tigers team competing for the pennant.

dethome.png

detaway.png

detalt2.png

detalt1.png

signature1b.png

signature2qx.png

#02 :: Boston Americans

The 1903 Boston Americans won the American League championship by finishing 14½ games ahead of the Philadelphia Athletics. The team finished first in the American League with a record of 91 wins and 47 losses. The Americans were led by Buck Freeman, who hit 13 home runs and drove in 104 runs, his third straight 100-RBI campaign for the Boston club. Meanwhile, they won 10 straight games in early June to put themselves in the AL lead for good. They met the Pittsburgh Pirates in the first modern World Series, an agreement between the AL and the NL as a post-season tournament. The "Amerks" won the series in 8 games, winning the 8th game at Huntington Avenue Grounds to clinch the championship.

bosaconcept.png

signature1b.png

signature2qx.png

Archived