U.S. Women's Olympics soccer uniforms

illini1

I know they can't wear the U.S. Soccer crest, but why are they leaving the jerseys blank? Every other team either has their flag or a special Olympics crest. I understood the blank jerseys in 2008 because I believe the decision to not wear the national soccer federation crests was made right before the Olympics. I figured they would have a crest this time since they had 4 years to come up with something.

I know they can't wear the U.S. Soccer crest, but why are they leaving the jerseys blank? Every other team either has their flag or a special Olympics crest. I understood the blank jerseys in 2008 because I believe the decision to not wear the national soccer federation crests was made right before the Olympics. I figured they would have a crest this time since they had 4 years to come up with something.

Wasn't able to watch the game, pictures?

Edit: Just saw pictures, I am really beginning to lose alot of respect for the olympics with this whole advertising controversy and stuff.

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

Well it's always been like that with the federation logos. France had something different too, I can't remember, but it might've just said France

It said France and had the Olympic rings below it. All the other countries I've seen so far had something like that or their country's flag. How hard would it have been to put a flag on the jersey? They could have then sold a special Olympics version of the jersey!$$$$$

I think that's why US Soccer did it. If they are going to sell special jerseys they want their logo on it not someone elses. And the IOC wants to force the 5 rings on everyone. I noticed that at the Mexico-South Korea match there was a FIFA sign at the midfield area of the stands. Guess someone missed that one!

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

For some reason, I think the women look goofy in the red hoops shirts. I know, so do the men. But the men's team looks less goofy. Not sure why. Maybe I'm just used to seeing the two teams in different kits, and there is a mental disconnect with it.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Archived