MLB Redesign

lancebridwell

I have a tough time putting what I think as far as concepts on the computer screen, so with this series I hope to progress in my abilities to do so by starting with teams that need very minor adjustments and working my way up to the trainwrecks.

I decided to start with the A's.

Logo set - Not much changes with the A's set. I changed the alternate to the angry elephant against the elephant on the baseball. I also changed the color of the elephant to white from grey in order to keep with the whole idea of the "white elephants" nickname that they adopted during their time in Philadelphia. I also modified the Oakland script so that the 'O' was to be somewhat similar to the 'A' in Athletics. I saw Lights Out's A's concept and felt unoriginal shortly thereafter :(.

25hfg51.gif

Main home uniform set - Not much changed here either. I put a single stripe running down the pant leg, and that was about it.

2rq0jmg.gif

Alternate uniform set - Tried to be a little out-of-the-box on this one. Cap was inspired by the Orioles' current caps, and I felt maybe a green and white set would look good for the A's.

300vfpj.gif

Main away uniform set - Again, not much changed but the stripe down the pant leg and the modified Oakland script.

5l9w5u.gif

Alternate away uniform set - I really don't know how well this will be received, but I thought maybe since I did a green alternate, it would only be fair to follow with a golden one as well!

talwzm.gif

MAJOR credit due to Tim O'Brien for the awesome template!

C&C Please, and thanks!

ayr02r.gif

I don't think, because thinking implies uncertainty. Therefore, I KNOW.

I'm a fan of white hats, so I love what you did with both alt sets. I don't know if I love the recolored elephant but your rationale makes sense so keep it. The new O looks cool as well. Nice job!

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Few things, the O as is is too Old English. See how the A is kind of in between. The inner "lines" just kind of make it awkward with the script. Second, a gold jersey works better with white pants so I'd reverse the alternate designations. It's ok sometimes on the road, but better at home. Thirdly, the number font seems like an unnecessary downgrade. MLB block numbers work perfectly. Don't know if you had access to them or not and had to settle for something else. And finally, the white panel caps seem unnecessary as well. The regular home and road accomplish the same thing in a better look, and the white panel on the road just seems very out of place.

The A's are a tough one to start with because they're already near-perfect. Great rendering though, so that shows ability and talent. Just need to spend time on making sure what you come up with is what looks best.

Thanks for the critique, I appreciate it.

In respect to the numbers, I don't have the MLB block numbers, so if anyone could point me in their direction, that would be great.

ayr02r.gif

Thanks for the critique, I appreciate it.

In respect to the numbers, I don't have the MLB block numbers, so if anyone could point me in their direction, that would be great.

Look up member eriqjaffe (did I spell that right?). He has a link in his sig to different league fonts he's done.

I just can't buy into mixing an Old English first letter with cursive for the rest of the name.

I love the Old English A and O, but there's no consistency in the wordmarks. I say pick one or the other.

87Redskins.png

Well the A works because it's kind of a regular/Old English hybrid. The O is just not able to do that.

Also, I'd ditch the piping on the pants if there's none on the jerseys. The Astros are the only team to seem to pull off this look. Kind of theirs. Kind of like the Twins and road pinstripes.

Well seeing as it's hard to tweak the nearly untweakable, I went ahead and tried my luck on the Rangers. I really liked the old logo that is featured in the primary block of the logo set, but I prefer their new color palette, so I combined both. I know it's nothing spectacular, but what do you think?

2nhfcci.gif

ayr02r.gif

I like the use of the Texas logo, but not so much the new home script. Try using the regular font for the home script but do it in red, and then put that on the logo and see how that works.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Archived