Week 4 NFL Jerseys

njmeadowlanders

I do love those Falcons' throwbacks, but I wouldn't say "best uniform in Falcons history." The random gold stripe on the helmet bugs me. Aside from that, I've always loved this look....

dave_archer_1984_12_16.jpg

Though I'll take the current throwbacks, random gold stripes and all, over their primary set any day of the week.

That's a fine look as well. I didn't mind the current set when they had the black jerseys to go with it. It was hardly one of my favorites, but it wasn't entirely awful. For what it's worth, I think the Georgia Tech gold stripe on the throwback helmet is cool. Pointless, but cool.

BB52Big.jpg

I don't think the current look is all bad. The logo has potential, it just needs to be simplified. My favourite part about the current Falcons look, however, would be the number font. Some of the more recent custom fonts in the NFL seem to be "custom for the sake of custom." They're either block fonts with unnecessary minor tweaks (Cards, Vikings) or they're over designed (Chargers). The Falcons' font, however, is bolt, it's distinct, and it's not overly designed. That, and I really like how it uses the dropshadow effect. It's very "clean" for lack of a better term.

I wouldn't mind something simple like the Falcons' throwbacks that used that font design. Something like this, with the old logo in place of the new one....

falcons-090.jpg

IMO, this is the Falcons' best look ever... basically what Ice_Cap posted, but with the falcon embedded into the stripe instead of being awkwardly placed above it.

247792-sep-1988-running-back-james-primus-of-the-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=OCUJ5gVf7YdJQI2Xhkc2QBYj%2bZ4pz1y0qzfJIbl2L9Ym%2fKoGb0B%2f22LRTE4zA5Na%2bRhuf8%2fmJ2VFJtg3usIvPA%3d%3d

71527837-defensive-back-bret-clark-of-the-atlanta-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=OCUJ5gVf7YdJQI2Xhkc2QO3rkYGLVYyg87DWaBeDLE1tkZzFdpiIvLW1I%2b7RLAQtkrQxeqbRPrzXOkAvC2fvqw%3d%3d

I like the "Falcon in the stripes" look too....it's a very unique look.

Archived