Eskimo Brothers

Dbroalexander

Ok, so this is something different foor me here on the boards. Up until now I've only posted my jersey concepts, but I like to make logos as well. A buddy of mine, and former hockey teammate, came up to me recently saying he was going to start playing in a Roller Hockey League and needed a team name and a logo. I left the name up to him and his teammates because these hockey guys can come up with great names.... My favorite being my floor hockey team from last Spring "THE CUNNING STUNTS"...

He came to me a few days later saying they were going to be the "Eskimo Brothers" I'm assuming we all know what that means.

After asking more questions and finding out what he had in mind for his teams logos and colors, he told me he wanted to go with an eskimo, obviously, standing back to back with another eskimo winking. Easy enough. He also stated he wanted University of Maine colors. Before he told me the colors I already had the Pittsburgh Penguins Winter Classic double blue and cream in mind, so that is what I used in these drafts.

Any comments...concerns... additional ideas? I consider these almost done but since it's not my team I await my friends final judgements and anything that is brought to my attention here...

8114023422_fab02f6a9b_c.jpg8114015971_1fc140df91_c.jpg

So you're saying the first or the third variation in the first image? I could replace the eskimos in the roundels, they were just placeholders.

Also, any ideas to make the roundels better? it sounds like he likes them, and i want them to as good as they can be.

Top middle is definitely my favorite raysox. I sent the kid all these as well and he's pretty psyched with the bottom left one. I might try and steer him towards the top middle though. I think it goes better with the rest of the look.

Oh my gosh, these are great! Hilarious name for a hockey team and the logos look great. I like the top middle roundel the best. The only suggestion I have is that the small portion of the Eskimo's hoods come out of the circle so they're not stuck underneath.

Here's a set of updates. I fixed the colors to match the University of Maine, like the client asked. So I tracked down the PMS colors and implemented them. I also ditched the cream color. I made it so the Eskimos are poping out of the circle instead of stuck inside.

8115446592_a6be49dc58_z.jpg8115446552_0f99255466_c.jpg8115437605_9c3c517739_z.jpg

Thanks Sparky. Nice and clean is my thing.

I asked the kid if him and his teammates would buy shirts if I made them available. Assuming he does, I have a Spreadshirt store I could put them up on. I think any of these Logos would look fantastic on shirts

Archived