NCAA Hockey Concept Competition

JCRGraphix

There is currently a competition going on on Sports Concept Art to design hockey uniforms for Michigan State, Western Michigan, and Alabama-Huntsville. The deadline is Wednesday, so send your concepts to jcrgraphix@ymail.com. As of right now, there is only 1 entry for each school, so the odds are pretty good that you'll win at least one of the schools.

Anyways, here are my designs:

msu_hjc.jpg

The Western Michigan one is based on the Pittsburgh Penguins unis from the 1980s to the 90s. The third sweater is based on the Penguins sweaters from the 1967-68 season. The logo is WMU's main logo from 1964-1975.

wmu_hjc.jpg

I recolored the San Diego Chargers' alternate logo from 1997-2001 and used it as the alternate logo.

uah_hjc.jpg

I really don't like using the abbreviation of Michigan on the sweaters for "Little Brother". All the uniforms are nice and clean, nothing really ground breaking or new but they look like something a college would use. For UA-Huntsville, I wouldn't use a San Diego Chargers' logo and the logo you used on the home and away jerseys for WMU just don't look right for a hockey sweater.

I really don't like using the abbreviation of Michigan on the sweaters for "Little Brother". All the uniforms are nice and clean, nothing really ground breaking or new but they look like something a college would use. For UA-Huntsville, I wouldn't use a San Diego Chargers' logo and the logo you used on the home and away jerseys for WMU just don't look right for a hockey sweater.

Thanks, that's good feedback.

It seems very shady to talk in third person about a website which is obviously yours. Send emails to jcrgraphix@ymail.com, which matches your account name?

At least be honest with everyone and tell them its your own contest on your own blog.

Since it's a competition, are you giving the winner anything? What are the rules exactly?

Things like this are why competitions by new members are generally frowned upon. The membership knows little about you (or in general, the person running it), the rules tend to be too broad and allow for plagiarism, or just end up flooding the boards for personal advertising.

And you should change the font in the text in your logo. It reads "6RAPHIH"

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

It seems very shady to talk in third person about a website which is obviously yours. Send emails to jcrgraphix@ymail.com, which matches your account name?

At least be honest with everyone and tell them its your own contest on your own blog.

Since it's a competition, are you giving the winner anything? What are the rules exactly?

Things like this are why competitions by new members are generally frowned upon. The membership knows little about you (or in general, the person running it), the rules tend to be too broad and allow for plagiarism, or just end up flooding the boards for personal advertising.

And you should change the font in the text in your logo. It reads "6RAPHIH"

Hey man, not trying to be shady or anything. I was just trying to get some more concepts over on my blog for this competition. As of right now, there is no real prize, just a chance to have your work voted on and whatnot. The rules are posed here.

As for my logo, I've been thinking about fixing that up. I think I'll go with something kind of retro. Not really sure yet.

Archived