Fort Worth Outlaws (NBA concept)

29texan

I have a logo in mind, but my skills are.... limited, shall we say?

But I have an idea, at least. And here's just something I did on the fly for an NBA team in Fort Worth. The colors are crimson and grey, and I chose to go with an Art Deco look in reference to the architecture seen around the core of the city.

598381_4569102279048_2006209046_n.jpg

What do ya think?

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

How many teams do Texas and California need?!

"Need" never comes into play regarding sports teams....

Now what about the uniform?

I think what he is trying to say is that there are too many teams in Texas and California as of right now, which he does has a point. It would be like putting a 3rd NBA team in NYC.

However I do like the uniform though you might want to thicken the numbers.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

How many teams do Texas and California need?!

"Need" never comes into play regarding sports teams....

Now what about the uniform?

I think what he is trying to say is that there are too many teams in Texas and California as of right now, which he does has a point. It would be like putting a 3rd NBA team in NYC.

However I do like the uniform though you might want to thicken the numbers.

I know, I know.

But after all, these are just concepts..... and I was thinking the numbers were too skinny. I'll fix that.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png

This really needs some polish, especially since you don't even have a nickname for the team. You only have one jersey set, the numbers are too skinny, the NOB is way to small and all you've done for a logo of any sort is recolored the All-Star game logo.

Well that's not THE logo. Actually, there's no logo at all, really. I don't have a name for the team (still working that out), so I just left the actual identity out for the moment. I'm still playing with numbers, but really like this one (don't want to veer too far from the art deco) so I'll make them thicker. NOB needs fixing as well.

As for that star underneath the W, it's just another identity from Fort Worth I used:

- City logo

- Fort Worth Harley Davidson

- Some pool service

- FW Chamber Member

^^^ There are more than I can't find right now. You will definitely see logos like these everywhere with a star underneath the W all around the city. I just added a basketball feature in the star just cause.

By the way, isn't there a rule in the NBA now that states that you can't have a logo without the name of the city and team?

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png

The problem is that you've created an identity for nothing. I mean, you have a poorly rendered uniform that has no logos or identifying marks other than the NBA All-Star logo. What is there to talk about when you don't have anything to go on. My personal suggestion is that you go back to the drawing board and take some time with it.

The problem is that you've created an identity for nothing. I mean, you have a poorly rendered uniform that has no logos or identifying marks other than the NBA All-Star logo. What is there to talk about when you don't have anything to go on. My personal suggestion is that you go back to the drawing board and take some time with it.

.... Yeah, I'm still working on this. It's not like there's NOTHING there, ya know.

As for the "poorly rendered" comment, I told ya, I'm no pro. Just throwing something out.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png

29TX_zps6299383b.png

It's rough, but is this along the lines you were looking for? I took a little liberty with the font.

Wow. Well honestly, something like that was in mind as a secondary logo. But more along the lines of "FTW" instead. Like this:

Fort_Worth_Cats_cap_logo.PNG

That is a good look, though. But still thinking of a name... like Outlaws or Bandits.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png

29TX_zps6299383b.png

It's rough, but is this along the lines you were looking for? I took a little liberty with the font.

Wow. Well honestly, something like that was in mind as a secondary logo. But more along the lines of "FTW" instead. Like this:

That is a good look, though. But still thinking of a name... like Outlaws or Bandits.

That was an alternate logo until a name came up. But I can see about Outlaws. Maybe a thorned O.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

29TX_zps6299383b.png

That was an alternate logo until a name came up. But I can see about Outlaws. Maybe a thorned O.

Would be good.

And like I said, I do have a primary logo in mind. Basically a squared Texas flag stylized in the image of an Outlaw (grey hat, red bandanna...) but I'm not good ad drawing, nor do I really have the stuff to do it. What you see up there is just form some cheep Photoshop knockoff I found on the net.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png

29TX_zps6299383b.png

Would be good.

And like I said, I do have a primary logo in mind. Basically a squared Texas flag stylized in the image of an Outlaw (grey hat, red bandanna...) but I'm not good ad drawing, nor do I really have the stuff to do it. What you see up there is just form some cheep Photoshop knockoff I found on the net.

Yeah, I can't do the Outlaw. My specialty is monograms, mostly due to the fact that I use Gimp, and my Mac is just outside the Inkscape range. Maybe find another member, and we could work together.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

29TX_zps6299383b.png

Would be good.

Yeah, I can't do the Outlaw. My specialty is monograms, mostly due to the fact that I use Gimp, and my Mac is just outside the Inkscape range. Maybe find another member, and we could work together.

That actually sounds good.

I'll see who I can find.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png

Conceptually, I really like it. As you get better at Photoshop and Illustrator, your concepts will look better.

Thanks.

Now before I go any further and revise all this, I used 3 different number fonts (one of them is the same font I used here, only thicker). Tell me which one you think is best.

A ) ?

8292996094_3046670361.jpg

B ) ?

8291942395_e948e40f62.jpg

or C ) ?

8291942183_6f6f7037bd.jpg

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png

I would go with A simply because there's more unification with the fonts, thought the set itself does indeed need a little more oomph.

If you're looking for a team nickname I would look for something Western related to the Stockyards specifically. It's one of Fort Worth's most recognized venues and something the citizens would embrace.

As a fellow Fort Worthian, I've always thoughts the city's colors were Navy Blue and Copper. I know its your concept and the Crimson and Grey look good but you should try exploring this color scheme to see if it will expand your creative options

Midway.png

Archived