South Carolina Eights

Greg_Fryman

Was doodling yesterday and came up with a snake that look like a cool stylized eight. I believe the snake by its self is pretty strong but I always have issues tying the team name into the logo. Anyone have any suggestions. Also I am not really set on the colors yet which is why its kinda faded out.

snake2_zps3f166953.png

sportslogosbutton1.pngsportslogosbutton2.png

2l9mudh.jpg

Slither, Racers (snake found in South Carolina), Constrictors (because that is what said racer does to eat), Fangs, Venom, South Carolina HC (since having HC or FC instead of a nickname pretty much entitles you to have any mascot you want), Copperheads (since the color you have for the snake looks copperish on my screen), Bite or Snakebite, Serpents, throw a crown on that sumbitch and go with Kingsnakes, I could go on and on, but "Eights?", not with the way you have it presented now, no. Not trying to be a d!ick so, please, don't take it that way, I'm just trying to show you other options. The logo itself, though, doesn't look half bad.

UniJ

I used eight because south carolina was the 8th state and carolina is an 8 letter word. The logo was done before the team had a name like I said I was doodling. No offense taken I am by no means a pro nor do I intend to be I do it because I love to do it. " not half bad" i guess I will take as a compliment. I thought that eights would be a more creative name than the one mentioned above. Im not giving up on it I will make it work ;)

sportslogosbutton1.pngsportslogosbutton2.png

2l9mudh.jpg

Having heard the history and thought process behind the name, I say go for it. I love those hidden meanings that no one knows unless they do a little research. And the fact you don't "intend to be a pro" makes the logo that much better.

UniJ

Archived