Florida State University Logo

OfficialBailey7

To begin with, I will say I think FSU could use a total rebrand, but with my minimal time and skill I decided to do a tweak. That being said, I will say I had a few ideas to clean this up. First, I wanted to remove the horrible script on the feather. Originally I was going to use the "STATE" script they use on the football field logo, but then I decided to lose the feather altogether. Next I made the war paint primarily gold, so it looked less like bacon. After that I went ahead and removed the gold trim on the circle (add some, take away some). Now here is where I'm kind of lost. I wanted to make the hair look as natural as possible, but it may not be acceptable with some of you (it has grown on me) so I will most certainly take suggestions on fixing that. Any other suggestions would be great as well, but for now I am focused on the hair. Thanks!

FSU_zpsf8b9f692.png

UnitedStatesofCollegeFootball-5.png

The thing about the logo is that it was hand drawn and needs a total face lift. All the detail on the face(eye, mouth, paint) needs to be redrawn. That and making it more human like. Also I think there should be a feather of some kind, it doesnt even need script on it. Here's a concept of mine if you want to look, but by all means keep working

All you've really done is clean it up a little bit. If you really want to re-work the logo, you are going to have to basically start from scratch. You need to take all the highlights/detail out like the hair light, the cheek shadow, the face paint, the eyes, you need to clean all of that out and re-work it yourself with shapes you can draw. In my opinion that would help it, I understand you are just trying to clean it up but what you've done isn't really an upgrade, you've just erased some of the lines on the face and things like that. Look at raysox and how his logo is completely reworked, you need to do something like that.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Archived