Myrtle Beach Pelicans cry foul with the Pelicans of New Orleans

CrazyTex00

No need to get defensive, friend. I'm glad that blog likes your stadium. :P

Your team has a great logo set, and I'm glad you can get some press with the New Orleans news.

We work very hard to turn out a great product, just like any other business. When others dismiss it without really knowing anything about it, I tend to get defensive.

I wasn't dismissing it at all. I was poking a little fun at the source of your award, but didn't say anything about the stadium or team. Think you might have confused me with the "they're cute" guy.

I don't know your park, but as I said I like your logo and color scheme. And I am glad that you can get some press from this.

Stadium Journey magazine?

:blink:

Yes. Just because you haven't heard of it doesn't mean it's not legit. It's very relevant in the industry. Feel free to educate yourself: www.stadiumjourney.com.

I just paid 38.99 for a MB Pelicans cap and someone from their front offices decides to come onto the board and be a condescending jerk.

I am regretting this decision, and I'm just going to return the cap. I'm thinking a Durham Bulls cap would be appropriate, considering they forced your current employer to change branding, team names and cities 3 times in 3 years in the 90's.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

It's so cute that our ballpark was just named the 19th best stadium experience in the country in 2012 by Stadium Journey magazine. That's all sports, major league, minor league, college...you name it. But thanks for the input!

No offense meant. Sorry, it was just a crass joke.

Stadium Journey magazine?

:blink:

Yes. Just because you haven't heard of it doesn't mean it's not legit. It's very relevant in the industry. Feel free to educate yourself: www.stadiumjourney.com.

I just paid 38.99 for a MB Pelicans cap and someone from their front offices decides to come onto the board and be a condescending jerk.

I am regretting this decision, and I'm just going to return the cap. I'm thinking a Durham Bulls cap would be appropriate, considering they forced your current employer to change branding, team names and cities 3 times in 3 years in the 90's.

Not being condescending at all. But I do put in 70-80 hours of work in a week to put out a product, so of course I'm going to defend it, just like you would probably defend your work.

Also, we were founded in 1999 as the Myrtle Beach Pelicans, and have not changed names in that time. There was a minor league team in Myrtle Beach in the 1990s, but that team was unrelated to the Pelicans. I hope you enjoy the hat!

ps NatsFan2004...no offense taken! If you ever find yourself in Myrtle Beach and want tickets to a game, feel free to look me up!

I'm thinking a Durham Bulls cap would be appropriate, considering they forced your current employer to change branding, team names and cities 3 times in 3 years in the 90's.

Actually, justin23iu's "current employer" is Chuck Greenberg, who purchased the Pelicans from previous owner Capitol Broadcasting Company in 2006.

It was under Capitol Broadcasting's stewardship that the former Single-A Durham Bulls spent the 1998 Carolina League season as the Danville 97s, then relocated - and rebranded - to the Myrtle Beach Pelicans in 1999.

Oh... and the Triple-A Durham Bulls ownership group that "forced" Capitol Broadcast Company to "change branding, team names and cities 3 times in 3 years"? That was, in fact, the very same Capitol Broadcasting Company, which has owned the Durham Bulls since 1991.

Archived