University of Houston Football

shaydre1019

So i really like the schools main mark and tried to incorporate that heavily into this set. The numbers a a beveled block font to reflect the logo. I used a bevel type graphic for the sleeves which also incorporates Houston's skyline.

For the helmets i went cougar on one side, UH on the other. I'm not gonna lie i was too lazy to draw out a new cougar head on paint for the red version of the helmets so i didn't include it but will include a real picture. And in a perfect world it would be chromed and red like the picture.

Lemme know what you think guys!

UofHgraphics.png

UofHUniforms.png

houston-helmet-2_medium.jpg

What's up with people not doing anything with the pants anymore?

Also the Houston skyline is unnecessary. Does nothing to add to the uniform besides take up space on the sleeves and any post I find with the words "too lazy" in it loses major credibility in my book. If you're looking for constructive criticism take these things to consideration

Midway.png

Use the UH logo or the cat logo on the helmet. Don't use both,

Also, the skyline is totally unnecessary and doesn't add anything design wise. That being said, the concept has a lot of potential.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Midway, good point, bad choice of words. Trying to bevel the numbers just got me really frustrated so drawing out the cougar in red an silver would've been a bit of a pain. Paints bad enough, and add in a really slow computer and it builds up inside. Had this been an actual project for an actual client or contest id omit those words but being that it's not I thought an honest explanation would be alright.

For the pants how should I do the stripes? I'll want those to have a bevel as well so should I go full lenght or maybe like an ok st route? I didn't add any because I thought it would match the helmet better, but if I add some should I add helmet stripes as well? And what do you guys think about the helmets, which direction should I go?

Personally, I think no pants stripe is fine. Just get rid of the skyline on the shoulder stripe. As for the helmet, I think both could look good, just don't use both.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I'm not sure a bevel stripe would work in this instance. I know it was your intention to carry out that theme throughout the uniforms but it has a pretty strong presence in the numbers already, to a much greater extent than A&M does in theirs for that matter.

Personally the big thing that jumps out at me with the school youre working with is that UH has some clashing elements. The UH logo is blocky, beveled, and quite static while the cougar logo has long, smooth strokes that convey motion. I think the bevel numbers reflect the UH logo well enough that the inspiration for your stripes should instead focus on the cougar. Think curved thin stripes throughout a la West Virginia

Midway.png

Archived