Bayne

Hi fellas!

So I have a bit of a hat fetish. And by 'bit' I mean...very small. I don't have 100 caps or anything, but I'm always on the look out for good quality interesting caps. Be it sports related or not, I just like to own a cap that looks good and fits my head nicely.

The problem is there has been a huge sway towards the wide brim, hipster cap which I am totally not into. They don't suit me and it wouldn't make sense for me to wear one. However, almost everywhere you go that's what they sell. There are so many neat designs, but I don't want to wear a wide brim cap. They are all over the place online too. I once bought a Canucks cap that had a picture of it that was not a flat wide brim, but when I go it, sure enough it was. You can't make wide brim a curved brim. It's completely different shape.

So anyway, I'm wondering if anyone knows of some good online places to go where they have a decent selection of good quality caps that aren't all wide brim? I've always bookmarked websites that seem to have potential, but over time they all let me down. I can't trust these sites anymore to not send me a wide brim hat that they tell me is curved.

Suggestions, recommendations, thoughts?

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I've heard people say you can curve them...and you can, but it's not the same. The cap is made to have a flat brim and if you curve it the whole head of the cap becomes lowered and it looks terrible. I like caps with a bit of head space and doing this makes it look like you're wearing a flat cap. That's why I like trucker caps...they have a nice shape to them.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

It's pretty easy for me to get the look I like, even with the new polyester New Era hats. All I need is some water and a blow dryer and I can pretty much get the bill and the crown of the hat into any shape I like. Admittedly it's much easier with the wool ones, but I've become proficient with the poly ones too.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

I get what you're saying and there is a boxy feeling when I curve my caps. However, it's not as bad as you make it sound. Depends on how curved your brim is. I don't like mine super curved. I have it curved just a little so it's clear that it's just not flat.

Here are the caps I own and even when taking a picture of them, you can tell that they're slightly curved despite being originally a flat brim fitted. That's how I like mine curved. It's not as bad as you make it sound

Go A's!

Archived