Denver Broncos concept

oldschoolvikings

Having now posted a few of my NFL concepts (Vikings, Titans, Chargers, Rams) it's starting to become obvious to me that I'm a bit of a one trick pony. All my posted designs to this point have followed the same formula... kind of a "Buffalo Bills" approach. In other words, start with a classic look, and update it with a few elements from the modern version. For my next posted concept, I considered going a different direction, but then I was working on this Bronco design (which is basically another update on a classic), and decided I could actually use some advice.

The one thing I haven't been able to make myself happy with is the helmet stripe. I've tried a few different versions with multiple stripes of white, orange, and navy, but nothing really worked. Here I've settled on a single stripe of navy, but I'm not sure if there isn't a better solution. Any ideas/thought/critiques?

AJUNK5_zpsb81f97f9.png

I really like this for its simplicity. The only thing I'm not sold on is the double blue using navy and royal. The two blues are too close together. I feel like the Bills tried that (albeit with far inferior uniforms) and it just didn't work. It makes the strokes on the various elements "muddy" or something.

I really like this for its simplicity. The only thing I'm not sold on is the double blue using navy and royal. The two blues are too close together. I feel like the Bills tried that (albeit with far inferior uniforms) and it just didn't work. It makes the strokes on the various elements "muddy" or something.

I agree. Their lighter blue looks much better. I've noticed that many former "Royal Blue-ish" users have switched to Navy over the years (Pats/Bills/Rams). Not sure what the deal is with that but it would be nice to see the Broncos return to that lighter blue (only) with the template in this thread.

I agree. Their lighter blue looks much better. I've noticed that many former "Royal Blue-ish" users have switched to Navy over the years (Pats/Bills/Rams). Not sure what the deal is with that but it would be nice to see the Broncos return to that lighter blue (only) with the template in this thread.

Well, I'm not sure the colors I had in mind are really translating correctly. I was trying for a "light royal" with the lighter of the two blues... sort of like the old Bronco helmet, but matching the same brighter blue with the fabric. That way, you'd have a little more contrast between the two blues than you do with the

Bills.

im a fan of combining old and new elements, but in this case i dont think theres any unity. its just clashing. the stripes with the number font and logo, its not very cohesive. the stripes are straight/geometric. very "sturdy and strong" and have an effect of using multiple strokes. the numbers are hard to do anything with, i've never really liked that font. theres just some odd angles, especially with the 9. the logo has a ton of motion and "flow". so, the personality of everything here is too different.

i think you should choose a single direction and go with that. knowing your taste a bit, i would say step outside your comfort zone more.start with the logo and work from there. bring that motion and those lines into the rest of the uniform, and apply the colors the same way (forget about the thick stripes).

im not sure what kind of options you have with the program you're using concerning color, but that royal blue is screaming! soften that up if you can. i recommend try to match it to these

1967Broncos.jpg

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

im a fan of combining old and new elements, but in this case i dont think theres any unity. its just clashing. the stripes with the number font and logo, its not very cohesive. the stripes are straight/geometric. very "sturdy and strong" and have an effect of using multiple strokes. the numbers are hard to do anything with, i've never really liked that font. theres just some odd angles, especially with the 9. the logo has a ton of motion and "flow". so, the personality of everything here is too different.

i think you should choose a single direction and go with that. knowing your taste a bit, i would say step outside your comfort zone more.start with the logo and work from there. bring that motion and those lines into the rest of the uniform, and apply the colors the same way (forget about the thick stripes).

im not sure what kind of options you have with the program you're using concerning color, but that royal blue is screaming! soften that up if you can.

OK... taking your advice on the number font. I've never been in love with the current Bronco font either... I just kept it because it seems to be so recognizable as "theirs" and I wanted to carry over more than just the logo. However, you make good points about the inconsistency of the classic stripes with the modern font, so I've substituted a classic block font.

I've reworked the helmet stripe from a single navy to a white/orange/navy/orange/white... the orange and white stripes would be thinner than the navy.

Also, that original blue showed up here much brighter/louder than on my screen, so I've tried a lighter, less saturated version.

Let me know what you think...

AJUNK5_zps7ba1e8e6.png

the number change makes a huge difference. the helmet feels heavy though because it's loaded with 2 blues (the rest of the uni uses a lot of orange and white). i think changing the mask to white would make as much of a difference as changing the number font and be the finishing touch here

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

While I think you have done a nice job with this presentation, I don't really see much different here than what they used to wear. The only difference being the logo and second blue. I think Denver is in need of some new striping on their current unis, but I think that going traditional with them like this isn't the way to do IMO. I think with the logo they have, they are a good team to experiment with on striping, as BrandMooreArt indicated with the "motion and flow." Count me as one who likes their current number font a lot.

Of course, this is all JMO. With the current striping pattern you are using I agree that the more traditional number font looks better. If you are gonna continue with that pattern I would recommend going a different direction with the logo.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

the number change makes a huge difference. the helmet feels heavy though because it's loaded with 2 blues (the rest of the uni uses a lot of orange and white). i think changing the mask to white would make as much of a difference as changing the number font and be the finishing touch here

I hate white masks, pretty much in all cases. Orange would look horrible, royal was hard to picture... navy seemed like the only choice left.

Archived