Sabres old logo

CC97

when i was about 5 and my bro was about 4... maybe a bit older i had a north stars jersey and he had a sabres... and looking at a picture of us getting ready for the outdoor rink my dad made us... i swear it looks like the sabre has a red eye... until you said something i kinda forgot about it, then i remembered the picture..

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

There's reference to it at http://members.aol.com/p090/gamers.html and Drop the Pucks has a photo at http://www.dropthepucks.com/images/Buf/pattersonfront.jpg.

Still haven't nailed down exactly what years it was used for yet.

ETA: Looking around at Drop the Pucks, it looks like it could have been used fron 1972 up until 1992-93. The 1993-94 Hasek jersey they have looks like it's got a blue eye.

my sabres jeresey has a red eye... i bought it on clearence right before they changed if that helps, and its the white jersey.

When did you buy it?

the summer they changed to black and red, 1995? pretty sure it was a '95 jersey,

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

slightly off-topic, but slightly on-topic too...

i just bought a new book about hockey the other day, and it had photos of the old school maple leafs... i'd always thought of them as blue and white only, forever... but in 2 or 3 of the pics, the words "TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS" in the logo were written in a bright red.

sorry if that's common knowledge, but i found it odd. most the time these old pictures are black and white... then i see one in color, and the logo blew my mind.

having red on the leafs sweaters is like the habs wearing a blue alternate. just seems wrong to me.

Going through my NHL yearbooks, which contain pics from 1990-91 to 1995-96 of those Sabres unis, the logo shown has NO red in it, however the front crest on all pics home and away I've seen have a red eye. I wonder if this was a pro jersey thing then? The red eye would be for the players so they could have an imitation factor in games, just a non-educated guess.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Archived