Amorphic Logo Project Part 3: Carolina Panthers

MDGP

Awhile back, I was working on a logo that, as I drew, began to look like several different things. As a result, when I began working on it in inkscape, I decided to make several different versions of the logo.

Each logo I will present is a different animal/being, that is the same base logo as the others. Basically, the frame remains the same throughout, but the details of it change in order to make it a different logo.

I liked the results, so I decided to make full team concepts based on each. The first being the New Jersey Devils.

My logo takes primary status, moving an updated version of the NJ logo to secondary status. As you can obviously see, green is back in the color scheme as the tertiary color.

NewJerseyDevilsLogos_zps9b300ae6.png

The uniforms are completely updated. I don't like the current uniforms very much, so going in a different direction was my goal. I didn't want to veer too far off what is currently worn though. The devil head acts as the crest while the secondary is on the shoulders.

Both the home and road uniforms have black-green-white-red-white-green-black stripes on the sleeves, hem, collar, and socks. Home numbers are white with green and black outlines, while the road numbers are red with white-green-black outlines.

Each set has black pants and socks that match their respective uniforms. Just noticed that the road uniform still has the black helmet which is a mistake. I'll update that at a later time.

NewJerseyDevils_zps736cccf7.png

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

I love the secondary logo and the sweaters. Maybe use the secondary as the primary as that design is so iconic and the devil head as an alt/secondary?

The devil head looks like he has puffy cheeks. I kind of envision a devil as having more of a square jaw, like Duke or even the old NJ affiliate, the Lowell Devils.

ahirrrmh7gl1nfxdt0t98ofzo.gif

Great start though. Can't wait to see your tweaks!

mainescarf.png

Actually, if this wasn't part of a larger project, I'd definitely have made the Devil head the secondary logo. For now I'm gonna leave it the way it is, but after I post my other two versions of the logo, I think I'm going to tweak each concept separately.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Well, I'm disappointed in the lack of responses... Where's the outrage? Where are the death threats??

Oh well, I'm moving on in my project. The next logo is actually the original design in which everything else was spawned. Obviously, it's a lion. I decided to use the color scheme of the Detroit Lions.

ScreenShot2013-06-01at121423AM_zps31cf3024.png

I'll post the uniforms later this weekend.

The mane is too short and the face is almost the same as that devil lgo

That's the point of the whole thread. I'll look into the mane though.

Yeah, the mane definitely needs to be worked on; right now it just kinda looks like a bobcat with a mullet.

The Devil's concept is interesting too, while I love the idea of using an actual demon logo, I feel as though yours may be a little too "weak" for lack of a better term. IMO, it just needs to look more frightening, more devilish. I understand the point of this project, that each logo will look kinda the same because that's what you're going for. But just as a tip if you ever decide to expand on the Devils concept, you definitely need to make the logo more menacing.

Interesting idea for a series though. I'll stay tuned.

My third logo belongs to the Carolina Panthers. For this one, I decided to use black with dark grey as it looked much better than the silver or blue as the facial details. I tried to use blue as much as possible otherwise, and found a place for silver in the logo.

ScreenShot2013-06-01at122142AM_zps8ded83cf.png

I think switching the dark grey and black around or making the grey a pure black would make the logo much better because right now it's not that pleasing to the eye because the grey lines are too different from the shade of black.

scarvessmall_zpsc4c8e942.png

Archived