Chicago Cougars

Conference: Gretzky

Division: Central

Founded: 1972

Home Arena: Alliant Coliseum

City: Chicago, Illinois, USA

Colors: Gold, Green, White

Main Sponsors: Alliant, Allstate

I took the original logo and modernized it, however, I used the old logo on the ice behind the net.

logo_zps5603d125.png

jersey1_zpsa6b1f202.png

jersey2_zps044bcee3.png

ice_zps04e0502f.png

This series is going great, I really like seeing people re-design these leagues. I grew up in upstate New York so a lot of these teams were never on my radar. As a designer I have looked through these leagues on CCSL.net. So many great identities and love seeing people add "what if" scenarios and fantasy team concepts to existing(ed) leagues. I'll be following this one closely.

side note: Two guys named Roberts making hockey concepts, this world is big enough for the both of us. Keep up the awesome work.

p.s. are we related?

Cool idea.

I like the "Old World" feel to the European unis.

I like the Cougars, other than the piping--it just seems to be ther for no reason, (And I tend to not like piping on hockey & football unis)

I like the use of the Calgary Flag on the Cowboys unis--I've always thought it would look good on a uni (And used it for a team in a baseball sim league that never got off the ground--but I designed the unis anyways.--It looked greta on a baseball uni & cap and looks greta on a hockey jersey.)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Miami Screaming Eagles

Conference: Gretzky

Division: Central

Founded: 1972

Home Arena: Dade County Coliseum

City: Miami, Florida, USA

Colors: Aqua, Orange, White

Main Sponsors: CompUSA, U.S. Century Bank

This is a fun concept based on the Flint Tropics. The M-eagle was a huge pain in the arse, but I'm happy with the way it turned out.

logo_zps968243a1.png

jersey1_zps2f2743e9.png

jersey2_zpse8b3bb4c.png

ice_zpsfe077fb4.png

So far, every single design is a fantastic re-interpretation of the league. I'm especially loving Miami and Calgary. My only complaint is the Moscow's logo is too complicated for a modern day hockey crest. Also, the numbers on Goteberg's are too hard to read. Other than that these are great!

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

That stripe on Miami reminds me of the shape of Florida sort of turned on it's side. Its unique, and a nice example of jersey design not always having to be symmetrical. The colors are great too. The one thing I noticed on the Eagle "M" logo is the green behind the eagle's head. Was this just because the outline would get a little funky? Or because the head may not show well on the white jersey?

That stripe on Miami reminds me of the shape of Florida sort of turned on it's side. Its unique, and a nice example of jersey design not always having to be symmetrical. The colors are great too. The one thing I noticed on the Eagle "M" logo is the green behind the eagle's head. Was this just because the outline would get a little funky? Or because the head may not show well on the white jersey?

yeah, I tried it without the green, and it kind of blended into the jersey. Also, the line does look like Florida! That may have been on accident, but I'm totally taking credit for it now. Er... yeah, I did that on purpose.

So I'm going to have to take a short break from this thread, I've been contacted by the CCHL (Central Canada Hockey League) about doing some work for them. They saw some of my work here and wanted me to do some designs for them. I'll keep everybody updated! :shocked:

Archived