Is There a Good NBA Uniform Database Around?

rebelx

I seem to recall somebody on these boards once posting a link to a site that had a bunch of NBA uniform renders that he'd done, with complete (or near complete) team histories. I also remember that within a month of me bookmarking it, the link stopped working. Does anybody remember the site I'm talking about? Or, just in general, does anyone know if there's a comprehensive archive of NBA uniforms around anywhere? Thanks in advance.

Well, unfortunately, this site still isn't comprehensive when it comes to NBA uniforms, although it's gotten better over time. There's still a lot missing, like older Philadelphia and Washington uniforms. The site I'm thinking of actually had a lot of old stuff that isn't on here yet. I guess a good question would be: when are the admins going to put up renders of the uniforms that are missing from here? Is there any timeline for this that's been set?

I think you're referring to basketballex.com, which was a great website since it contained uniforms from more than 20 years ago, which are hard to find elsewhere. There were also team fonts and uniform details available. I wish hoopskid would bring it back.

I think you're referring to basketballex.com, which was a great website since it contained uniforms from more than 20 years ago, which are hard to find elsewhere. There were also team fonts and uniform details available. I wish hoopskid would bring it back.

Last time I spoke to Hoopskid he said he was done, which is a shame. Still, we're hoping to build the Basketball Uniform Database into the most comprehensive and accurate site around. It's slow going, but I think we're hoping to get some more work done over the offseason. I've got a fairly comprehensive research database now (98% of all unis going back to 1970), so it's just a matter of getting the graphics done and uploaded.

Alex had a crashed, unrecoverable hard drive incident, resulting in losing much of his logos / uniforms database (not to mention the web files he hadn't uploaded online). He took that as a sign to discontinue the site.

I'm encouraged by your news, Discogod. I look forward to seeing more updates! :)

Archived