2015 Winter Classic Concept (San Francisco)

dey

Hey guys I created a 2015 Winter Classic logo for San Francisco (AT&T Park) to feature the San Jose Sharks and the Colorado Avalanche. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

I designed the logo to feature the scoreboard in the stadium.

WinterClassicSFlogoteal_zpsc971f4e0.png

thenorhsidebanner_zps53ed42b3.jpg

WinterClassicbanner_zpsf827be70.png

Does San Fran really have winter? Maybe it could be the "Slightly Chilly and Rainy Season Classic"

But seriously, missing five aside that looks good. I'd love to see your ideas for the two team's looks.

I don't think the scoreboard clock from AT&T Park is iconic enough of a landmark to really carry this logo. I know it's cliché, but using the Golden Gate Bridge would result in a much stronger and much more recognizable logo.

I was also going to say that I couldn't see the NHL basing the identity for one of its marquee events around the orange-black-and-cream colour scheme and the distinctive font of a team in a rival league, but looking back, they pretty much did exactly that in 2009 in Chicago (using the Cubs' red-and-blue scheme and the sign outside Wrigley Field) and in 2010 in Boston (using a red-and-green colour scheme signifying the bricks and the Green Monster at Fenway Park).

Well every other Winter Classic logo has been more ballpark specific so I decided that was the way to go. For AT&T Park I had a couple of options the soda bottle, the glove, the wall/bay or the scoreboard. I felt the scoreboard would fit in a hockey logo the best.

thenorhsidebanner_zps53ed42b3.jpg

WinterClassicbanner_zpsf827be70.png

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt that AT&T has enough iconic imagery to use something like a scoreboard for the background for a Winter Classic. Somehow, Golden Gate has to get in on there to help the more casual fans see the visual link. With that background instead of the scoreboard, I think there could be more creative touches to customize this insignia.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Archived