Your most precious/cherished sports possession(s)

dbadefense1990

Cool topic.

Hard to choose for me, so I'll list a few (in no particular order) --

1. Glove used in the minor leagues by George Bamberger (former Orioles pitching coach, Brewers and Mets manager). His wife bowled with my mother, so he gave it to me when I was about 8 (along with lots of giveaway extras/leftovers, like rain jackets, batting helmets, etc.). It is still in my hall closet.

2. Tickets stubs from Super Bowl III (attended by my father) and Super Bowl V (attended by both of my parents).

3. Orioles 1966 World Champions rocks glasses.

4. Programs from Super Bowl V and VI and the 1970 AFC Championship Game.

5. Copy of the cover drawing for the blueprints for M&T Bank Stadium.

Don't you have a Billy Ripken " :censored: Face" card, too?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool topic.

Hard to choose for me, so I'll list a few (in no particular order) --

1. Glove used in the minor leagues by George Bamberger (former Orioles pitching coach, Brewers and Mets manager). His wife bowled with my mother, so he gave it to me when I was about 8 (along with lots of giveaway extras/leftovers, like rain jackets, batting helmets, etc.). It is still in my hall closet.

2. Tickets stubs from Super Bowl III (attended by my father) and Super Bowl V (attended by both of my parents).

3. Orioles 1966 World Champions rocks glasses.

4. Programs from Super Bowl V and VI and the 1970 AFC Championship Game.

5. Copy of the cover drawing for the blueprints for M&T Bank Stadium.

Don't you have a Billy Ripken " :censored: Face" card, too?

As a matter of fact, I do . . . right here in my desk at work (so I don't have to explain it to my kids). :)

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

My 1984 World Series ticket.

adbf5022-7495-4587-844e-f6b14d9a114f.jpg3db5c6cb-bce8-4edf-88b5-b73dd6e9d51b.jpg

$10 a ticket to go to the World Series.....sheesh.

Recently, I found an old pocket schedule for the Braves for the 1996 season, the year after they won the World Series.....the most expensive tickets were just $20. Man have things changed......

My 1984 World Series ticket.

$10 a ticket to go to the World Series.....sheesh.

Recently, I found an old pocket schedule for the Braves for the 1996 season, the year after they won the World Series.....the most expensive tickets were just $20. Man have things changed......

I should add that the $10 dollar ticket was twice as much as those same seats cost during the regular season. At the time, our reaction was "Damn! Ten bucks for bleacher seats?" But we managed to score World Series tickets via the mail-in lottery so we didn't complain too much. The tickets were to game 5 so we not only got to see the Tigers clinch on their home field, we were also treated to the riots afterward. Got to see a bus on fire and all sorts of cool stuff.

EDIT: When I went to my last game at old Cleveland Stadium in 1993, I got pretty good seats behind the first base dugout for 6 bucks each. Similar seats at Jacobs Field in 1994 were I think about 22 bucks. These days those seats are between 45 and 60 - one of the many reasons I prefer going to Minor League games. 60 bucks at a Columbus Clippers game will get you two great seats, food and drink, and parking - and you'll still have a dollar or two left over. Not to mention you get to watch a game at the nicest ballpark I've ever been to - MLB or otherwise.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived