Redoing the MLB... With a twist

GriffinM6

Part 2 of the final unveil. The first set is from 1982-1990. I used the 3 stripe hat, and incorporated the 3 yellow stripes all throughout the uniforms.

Home

PittHome1982-1990_zpsec99a482.png

Away

PittAway1982-1990_zpsd3595382.png

Alternate

PittAlt1982-1990_zpsadd571ce.png

The second set is from 1991-1996. Nothing really special here, but the scripts are what make the unis good.

Home

PittHome1991-1996_zpse7860cf4.png

Away

pitt_away_1991_1996_by_gmaxwell6-d6dygnj.png

The last set is from 1997-present day. I decided to keep the home and road the same, except use a different sleeve patch than the stupid one with red in it. The alternates are different however. I used the 70-74 cap for the home alt, and got rid of all white on the road alt, and put a script across the chest instead of a P.

Home

PittHome1997-present_zps5a042e74.png

Away

pitt_away_1997_present_by_gmaxwell6-d6dyhms.png

Home alt

pitt_home_alt_1997_present_by_gmaxwell6-d6dyhqa.png

Away alt

pitt_away_alt_1997_present_by_gmaxwell6-d6dyhwt.png

I'll be out of town tomorrow till Sunday, so I'm not going to be able to start the Cubs until Monday, which means I hope to have the first set up on Tuesday.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'82-'13 is really good. Obviously you could have chosen to have many more uni sets with shorter time spans as it has gone with the Pirates' actual uniform history, but the fact that you chose to simplify and combine components from different eras into fewer, longer lasting uniform sets is much welcome.

However, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the bottom of the number two in the '97-'13 set is a bit too short.

For the most part, great work with the Pirates. But to be constructive, one thing I'd like to see you do is fix some of the problems with the Steelers stripes on some of those '70s uniforms before moving on to the next team. In general, you should fix any problems with one uniform using the criticisms and suggestions given here before moving on to the next uniform. Being complacent and unwilling to make adjustments defeats the purpose of constructive criticism and actually encourages people not to give it. C&C without criticism and suggestions is just praise, and in order to improve as a designer and impress and reach full potential with your concepts, you need to take criticisms and suggestions and make the corresponding adjustments.

25yzwqg.png

Archived