Monogram help

TalktoChuck

Is it supposed to read FB, or BF? Depending on that, I'd say left for BF and right for FB. I do agree with Goth though, I think the backwards F is a little odd. It may be worth exploring distorting the F horizontally so it stretches beyond the edges of the B. just a thought!

It's a good start, I'm just not sure what you're trying to go for with the backwards F. Without context, though, I can't really comment on anything other than the rendering.

Unlike the Doc, I actually think I prefer both letters being the same width and height, as they are now. One thing I did notice was that some of the diagonal portions of the B that form the "curve" are thinner than the rest of the logo. I think thats what throws me off most. Also, the cuts in the top two versions seem kind of random. I'd suggest having every other area that the two letters overlap either under/over the other instead of having two in a row under then two over. If that make sense?

Any hints as to what its for?

2043050vl19qK6.gif

I was a little iffy on the backwards F as well. The reason for it being backwards are that I think it helps keep the integrity of the B intact, rather then the F crossing over the loops of the B. And the name that the monogram represents is Broken Field, and I thought the backwards F could tie in with the word broken being in the name.

Thanks everyone for the feedback, I'll post some updates with your advice, in the next couple days.

jNTsTyQ.png

What's this for, Chuck? That may also help us help you a little better.

A few months ago I set upon the task of creating a new monogram logo for myself. It literally took a couple months...and I think I changed direction on the thing at least nine or ten times. (Of course, then again both my initials are the same letter, "B", so that added another degree of difficulty to the whole thing.)

I say all that to say this: don't be afraid to try a whole bunch of different combinations, letter styles, directional orientations. Shoot, draw them upside down if you have to. And don't expect to have this figured out next week, either.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived