International Football Concepts

GymJacketsDesign

Well James, let me say your design name is clever. Whoever dubbed you Gym Jackets is a genius.

As for the jerseys, I'm diggin' the gradients. I like the sublimated lion on the back too...

However, the alternate looks more like the French Flag and not the Netherlands. Still looks good though

Only thing I'm not too keen on it the bit of color on the top of the home/clash socks. They could stand to be one solid color

Welcome to the boards!

I liked it, but if the shirt is tucked, the sublimated lion will be hidden. Other than it, I think the vertical stripes don't work in white shirt. The rest seems very well thought.

This is another striping pattern that I was thinking about using. I know that it's still vertical, but I think it changes the dynamic when the stripes aren't as large.

9389625736_a5c5e80d58_o.png

The home and clash are nice, but the white one still says France to me. I like the idea, but the red, white, blue vertical stripes is the French Flag. Could it possibly work horizontally?

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

The french flag is BWR, not RWB.

yup, the proper "vertical" version of the Dutch flag is what the color pattern is on my jersey

Ahh, you're right. My mistake.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

With reference to what Johnny said about the sublimated crest and being cut off when the shirt is tucked in, would it be an effect in the material or a very slight colour change (and therefore flat on the material)?

Aston Villa had this in their material this past season:

50049d8248ef9_Aston-Villa-maglia-home-2013-Macron-leo.jpg

Also, you could move it to behind the numbers. Spurs did this for the season just gone:

36159_PARKER.jpg

If you look closely, you can see the spurs crest, which is made out of tiny grey dots (on my replica at least).

Just some things for you to consider. I personally don't think there is anything wrong with it as it is. Good concept.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

I have to say, the original away shirt put me in mind of the French flag too - and having such a large swath of red on the away when the home is orange might not wash either.

I think the version with the thinner strips is a big, big improvement.

@marble21

It would be a very slight color change, like what the German National Hockey team use.Team-Germany-IIHF-2010-Swift-Replica-Black-Hockey-Jersey-N8206_XL.jpgif you look at the arms, the logo is kind of "off-black"

Also, that spurs shirt is really cool with the sublimated "dots," at first I thought that they were like tiny vents in the jersey, which I think would make it even cooler. (pun intended)

They all look good but, like others, I really am not feeling the white for the Dutch team. It's a nice looking jersey but not a Dutch jersey in my opinion.

I like the ghost-ish idea you're going for on the back but do think it would be better if it was moved to be visible even when tucked in (as the laws of the game say they should be).

Archived