New baseball league idea

VertMarin

I have had this idea for a new baseball league for years. However, I've never really been able to express it publicly until now, mainly because there weren't many places to discuss it. I want to try here.

I am thinking of Canadian League Baseball(CLB), no relation to Canadian Baseball League.

Teams

Western League

Vancouver Whales

Calgary Wranglers

Edmonton Oilmen

Saskatoon Owls

Regina Lions

Winnipeg Voyageurs

Eastern League

Hamilton IronMen

Toronto Bears

Toronto Beavers

Ottawa Capitals

Montreal Explorateurs

Quebec Siberiens

Explorateurs means "Explorers" in French because of the explorers who were in Quebec. Siberiens refers to the Siberian tiger. IronMen refers to Hamilton's steel industry. Both Toronto teams being called "Bears" and "Beavers" has to do with Toronto's coat of arms. Ottawa Capitals, well, obvious reasons. Whales, well, there are whales off the coast of BC. Wranglers has to do with Calgary's old West history, Oilmen has to do with Edmonton's oil economy. The owl is a common animal in Saskatchewan, and Lions has to do with Regina being called "the queen city", and this called for a royal mascot. Voyageurs refer's to Manitoba's history with the voyageurs. What do you guys think?

Cant wait to see what you got.

It's a concept of mine. I've drawn what some of the logos might look like on paper before. However, I've never done graphic art before. I'm just now learning one can make logos with adobe illustrator. However, it was an idea I've had.

A number of years ago I did a concept for a Calgary team in a league on these boards that never got off the ground.

I called the team the Stetsons and used the Calgary city flag as the basis for the logo & unis.

You could probably make that work for the Wranglers as well.

There was once a junior hockey team in Calgary with that name.

Edmonton had, and now has again, a junior hockey team called the Oil Kings--which would be a better name than the Oilmen--that sounds more like the bigwigs at the Oil companies to me.

Steelmen would make more sense in some ways for Hamilton--although Ironmen sounds better.

But over all, not bad ideas for the names.

However I think the league needs to expand and add a team in the Okanagan area of BC--there are a lot of ball tournaments there any time I visit.

And Atlantic Canada needs a team too.

(Maybe the Okanagan Sun or Lakers and the Atlantic Schooners or something like that...)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Idea sound cool, just one problem; the league name is terrible! "Canadian League Baseball" doesn't even sound grammatically correct! :puke: Try like National Baseball League of Canada or Something! Anything but "Canadian League Baseball." :angered: Looking forward to seeing concepts. :)

NEWSGG copy.png

Archived