Cubs' hat question

vicfurth

Does anyone know what this hat is? It's a Chicago Cubs baseball cards (c. 1993) and it's the only one I've found like this. Rey Sanchez is wearing a blue hat with a red Cincinnati Reds logo on it. Pic...

chicagocubshat.gif

Anyone have any info on this?

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Well....that's a throwback(or TBTC) uni he's wearing,so I'm sure it goes with the uni from whatever year/era it was worn,just dont know right off hand the year.I'm

a big Cubs guy though,and I dont recall a "Cincy" 'C' logo ever being used on their hats going back to the 20's or 30's.I'll look some more into it and if there hasnt been an answer posted by the time I come back with the info then I will fill everyone in.Before the pic loaded and I read your post I thought for sure it was gonna be one of those airbrushed cards from when they couldnt get a traded player in his new uni.

98Falcons.png

Okay got it!The Cubs began wearing the "CHICAGO" script on the roads with the red line underneath in 1937 but the 'C' was the one of today.The uniform that Sanchez is pictured wearing was worn exactly like this in 1952,and be it that this is a '93 card and the pic would be from a 1992 game,this makes perfect sense as it would be the 40th anniversary of when those uni's were worn.Hope this helps!

P.S-wouldnt mind seeing a throwback hat of this made available.

98Falcons.png

They do sell it, it's an American Needle hat and you can get it at www.dugout-memories.com.

Ahhh!!

Thanks for the heads-up!The Dugout Memories store(yes,THE actual store) is only

45 minutes from my house so I'll prolly go this week and snag me one.Better call first though,store visitation is by apointment ONLY!

98Falcons.png

I think if what you say is right then it was only a one-game event. There are other road unis on other baseball cards (I own the whole 1993 cubs' roster) and they have the regular hat.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

That picture is from a TBTC game against the Phillies. The uniforms were 1950's Cubs roads and were auctioned off at the Phillies Lou Gerhig fight ALS auction that year. I remember Sandbergs went for somewhere around $1,500.00 back then.

They do sell it, it's an American Needle hat and you can get it at www.dugout-memories.com.

Ahhh!!

45 minutes from my house so I'll prolly go this week and snag me one.Better call first though,store visitation is by apointment ONLY!

Where's the store located?

Ahhh!!

Where's the store located?

The store address is in Monroe,Louisiana,although it's actually in the small suburb

Town & Country.Only until recently could you just walk in and browse around and get whatever you wanted.Because of a lot of break-ins though he keeps it closed to the public most days and prefers you call before you come so he will be expecting you.About 2-3 random days a week the store is open and you can come on in,although when that occurs you are expected to buy something.

98Falcons.png

That style "C" that you call a Cincinnati "C" has actually been used by the Reds, Indians and Cubs at various times. I noticed this recently while looking though the

Baseball Uniforms of the 20th Centruy book.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

That style "C" that you call a Cincinnati "C" has actually been used by the Reds, Indians and Cubs at various times. I noticed this recently while looking though the

Baseball Uniforms of the 20th Centruy book.

JeffB

Not to mention the Chicago Bears, as well.

dbacks.gif mariners.gif

Archived