Volta Redonda kit concepts (may be used on real life!)

OlavoP

So, a small brazilian club from the Rio de Janeiro state city of Volta Redonda, Volta Redonda FC (the club is kinda traditional on the state league) is holding a contest for fans to submit their design, and if they get aproved they will get to popular vote so the club can choose their designs for the 2014 season, and of course, ther is a money prize of 1000 reais by pick you get (home away or third, you can get 1000 each, its aprox. 500 dollars). So, I'm designing for the contest and would really apreciate any feedback of how to improve this.

I'm still working on away and third.

For the home kit I went with a simple and clean but beautiful look, with a tricolor jersey (it was used on the past, now its just bi-color) on the club colors, based on the 1976 club kit, on it's inaugural year. On the bottom of the shirt the city nickname (Cidade do Aço, or City of Stell) apears.

2ldilw2.jpg

For this one I think I'm with better chances, just remembering I'll do more versions of each one.

Away:

The two-tone silver is because of city's nickname, the city o steel, and the horizontal stripes are because of the city flag. Complementing the kit the same "Cidade do Aço" on the bottom. Another simple but classy kit in my opinion, for the third I'll try something more modern-like. Also wanted to specify, as the contest rules say, Home needs to be black and yellow with vertical stripes, away needs to be white and third black. So here it is:

10e0aki.png

Any comments and suggestions of improvement are very well welcome

Archived