I'm New...and Feeling Stupid. How do I upload photos?

davidmiller5

Don't worry, everyone asks the same question at first. You need to use an image uploading website. Most people use photobucket. You make an account, and then you can just copy and paste your photos onto your posts here on the forum. I'm anxious to see what you have. :welcome:

Thanks for the quick reply. I uploaded them to photobucket but just copying and pasting isn't working. I also tried using the image button (with the tree picture) and pasted the url, but it isn't showing up.

What am I missing now?

Anyone else? Both of those methods work for my photobucket pictures. I`m not quite sure what to say. Sorry.

Make sure that the url is the actual image, not the landing site for the photo. Make sure it ends in .png, .bmp, .jpg, or something like that. If it ends in .html, then try right-clicking on the image and then clicking "View Image." This should take you to the right place.

If you give me the website of the image, I can post it for you.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life.'" - John 14:6

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

Make sure that the url is the actual image, not the landing site for the photo. Make sure it ends in .png, .bmp, .jpg, or something like that. If it ends in .html, then try right-clicking on the image and then clicking "View Image." This should take you to the right place.

That`s good advice right there. Your posting the image URL, not the webpage url. You can right-click and click copy image URL and paste it with the picture button here

Thanks, I think I am getting it.

award%20sig.png

I am new too - although I am looking for some logos to be made. Willing to pay a little money to get them done, too.

On the request board. Let me know! :)

Cmon man. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but don't advertise on someone else's thread. I realise that you want it done ASAP, but you could bump your own thread (although too often, and it gets on people's nerves) rather than post it on someone else`s. Just a heads up. No hard feelings. :)

I am new too - although I am looking for some logos to be made. Willing to pay a little money to get them done, too.

Cmon man. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but don't advertise on someone else's thread. I realise that you want it done ASAP, but you could bump your own thread (although too often, and it gets on people's nerves) rather than post it on someone else`s. Just a heads up. No hard feelings. :)

Sorry man, my bad.

Sorry man, my bad.

Ha! No problem at all. Just a little heads up.

I, too, am a relative newcomer to the forums and have a question that is somewhat related to this thread. Well, at least the "feeling stupid" part... :)

I appreciate the feedback on my concepts---maybe it should read "concepts"?---immensely. However, in looking at some threads, there are some users who get quite up-in-arms when something is posted. Basically, I'm trying to avoid getting virtually yelled at just for posting a logo or jersey.

So... is there a thread with commonly accepted "rules" for posting concepts? I've done a fair amount of searching and haven't found a comprehensive guide;

Some rules I know: don't post requests in Concepts; don't be rude; don't post a concept without thinking it through (and doing the work) first.

But I was hoping there was something similar to the locked threads with the various templates. Or would a guide like that be considered pandering to us n00bs?

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

I, too, am a relative newcomer to the forums and have a question that is somewhat related to this thread. Well, at least the "feeling stupid" part... :)

I appreciate the feedback on my concepts---maybe it should read "concepts"?---immensely. However, in looking at some threads, there are some users who get quite up-in-arms when something is posted. Basically, I'm trying to avoid getting virtually yelled at just for posting a logo or jersey.

So... is there a thread with commonly accepted "rules" for posting concepts? I've done a fair amount of searching and haven't found a comprehensive guide;

Some rules I know: don't post requests in Concepts; don't be rude; don't post a concept without thinking it through (and doing the work) first.

But I was hoping there was something similar to the locked threads with the various templates. Or would a guide like that be considered pandering to us n00bs?

Honestly if you are working on something post it if someone gets upset let them just do whatever you do with the most respect you can & you will be alright.

Some people take themselves way too seriously here.

Archived