NFL2

Gamingboy

Harrisburg is too deep into Philly's side of the state for the Steelers, Erie's probably closer to Buffalo, and Richmond's just way too far into Redskins country... I'd say Johnstown or Altoona instead.

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

Harrisburg is too deep into Philly's side of the state for the Steelers, Erie's probably closer to Buffalo, and Richmond's just way too far into Redskins country... I'd say Johnstown or Altoona instead.

Pittsburgh could use Morgantown or Charleston, W.Va., also.

I had one of these concepts earlier, but instead of one league, having two smaller leagues in the US, and expanding NFL Europe.

NFL Europe

Amsterdam - Colts

Berlin - Steelers

Cologne - Ravens

Frankfurt - Jets

Manchester - Packers

Milan - Redskins

Rhein - Dolphins

Scotland - Bears

Eastern Football League

North Division

Connecticut - Patriots

Delaware - Eagles

Columbus - Browns

Lansing - Lions

Syracuse - Bills

New Jersey - Giants

South Division

Raleigh - Panthers

Orlando - Bucs

Birmingham - Jaguars

Greenville - Falcons

Memphis - Titans

Louisville - Bengals

Western Football League

Central Division

Arkansas - Cowboys

Tulsa - Chiefs

San Antonio - Vikings

Austin - Texans

Albuquerque - Cardinals

Shreveport - Saints

Pacific Division

Los Angeles - Rams

Las Vegas - Chargers

Sacramento - Raiders

Portland - Seahawks

Utah - Broncos

San Jose - 49ers

I'd say Jefferson City for the Rams.

BTW, Gamingboy, about your Baltimore pick... Norfolk is part of the Hampton Roads region. So just Norfolk would suffice.

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

I had one of these concepts earlier, but instead of one league, having two smaller leagues in the US, and expanding NFL Europe.

NFL Europe

Amsterdam - Colts

Berlin - Steelers

Cologne - Ravens

Frankfurt - Jets

Manchester - Packers

Milan - Redskins

Rhein - Dolphins

Scotland - Bears

If the Packers were to have their team in Europe, I think it'd make more sense to have them in Germany since so much of Packer-fan culture originated in Germany (beer, brats, etc.).

Of course, what'd make the most sense IMO, is putting the NFL2 team in the city with the most Packers fans anywhere (MIL), but I digress.

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Arizona -- Las Vegas or Tucson

Atlanta -- Birmingham

Baltimore -- College Park or Harrisburg

Buffalo -- Toronto or Rochester

Carolina -- Raleigh

Chicago -- South Bend

Cincinnati -- Columbus

Cleveland -- Akron/Canton

Dallas -- San Antonio

Denver -- Salt Lake City

Detroit -- Ann Arbor

Green Bay -- Madison

Houston -- Corpus Christi

Indianapolis -- Louisville

Jacksonville -- Gainesville

Kansas City -- Columbia

Miami -- Ft. Myers

Minnesota - Duluth

New England - Hartford

New Orleans - Baton Rouge

NY Giants - Albany

NY Jets - Long Island

Oakland - Sacramento

Philadelphia - Wilmington/Dover

Pittsburgh - Erie or Wheeling

San Diego - Anaheim

San Francisco - San Jose

Seattle - Portland

St. Louis - Des Moines

Tampa Bay - Orlando

Tennessee - Memphis or Knoxville

Washington - Richmond/Charlottesville

NFL Europe

Amsterdam - Colts

Berlin - Steelers

Cologne - Ravens

Frankfurt - Jets

Manchester - Packers

Milan - Redskins

Rhein - Dolphins

Scotland - Bears

If the Packers were to have their team in Europe, I think it'd make more sense to have them in Germany since so much of Packer-fan culture originated in Germany (beer, brats, etc.).

Of course, what'd make the most sense IMO, is putting the NFL2 team in the city with the most Packers fans anywhere (MIL), but I digress.

I didn't have a team in Milwaukee because I couldn't think of a suitable venue, unless they could fit a football field in The House That Milwaukee Taxpayers Built. The NFL Europe affiliations were fairly random.

I'd say Jefferson City for the Rams.

Having grown up in Jeff City, I can tell you that it wouldn't work there but would do just fine 30 miles up the road in Columbia. First, the only stadium in Jeff City large enough to host an NFL2-level game would be Reed Stadium, the home of Lincoln University's football program. I think that stadium only holds about 10,000. Parking is virtually nonexistent, too. I would think that you'd need at least twice if not three times the capacity for they type of league we're envisioning. Columbia has Faurot Field which has a bleacher capacity of 60,000 plus state of the art press facilities (Reed has only a very small press box). Parking is also on site and sufficient for the types of crowds that would come to these games. Finally, Jefferson City is not on an interstate - Columbia is on an interstate and has a much more regional appeal and access. Jefferson City has a population of around 40,000 while Columbia's is nearing 100,000 (when Mizzou is in session, anyway).

Indianapolis - Terre Haute, IN

Although Terre Haute is where the Colts have training camp, the "city" (and I use that term very loosely) and the Wabash Valley are soo tiny it wouldn't work...although....it would give people a chance to check out Memorial Stadium (Indiana State University's football facility)...since usually the only people there for an ISU football game are the players, the visiting team's boosters, and the ISU band.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

NFL Europe

Amsterdam - Colts

Berlin - Steelers

Cologne - Ravens

Frankfurt - Jets

Manchester - Packers

Milan - Redskins

Rhein - Dolphins

Scotland - Bears

I didn't have a team in Milwaukee because I couldn't think of a suitable venue, unless they could fit a football field in The House That Milwaukee Taxpayers Built. The NFL Europe affiliations were fairly random.

Miller Park is bigger than County Stadium was, and I've done the math, so they could fit a football field in there. Although a lot of the problems with the sightlines would remain unless they did like BOB for the Insight Bowl and added temporary bleachers in left field (which I'm pretty sure they would).

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

I'd say a better model for a team in the States would be the 1992 World League layout. The WLAF teams would reciebe a set number of players from each team. Since it's not realistic for a single NFL team to supply enough players fro the teams and opening 32 teams to second tier or third tier players, below NFL Europe bench warmers, just would lead to ugly football.

AFC East-Rochester, NY

AFC North-Columbus, OH

AFC South-Birmingham, AL

AFC West-Sacramento, CA

NFC East-Orlando, FL

NFC North-Montreal, CA

NFC South-San Antonio, TX

NFC West-Las Vegas, NV

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I probably should explain further my choice of Murfreesboro for the location of the Titan's "farm team".There has always been, rightly or wrongly, a certain amount of rivalry between Memphis and Nashville with respect to which is Tennessee's premier city.The Titans played one season in Memphis while the Titans' stadium in Nashville was under construction,and received very poor fan support, in great measure because Memphians knew the team was headed to Nashville.I fear that Memphis fans would show even less support for a "farm team" for Nashville's NFL franchise.Fan support would probably be just as bad in Knoxville,which will forever be dominated by all things UT orange.Murfreesboro,on the other hand,would, in my opinion,react well to a new acknowledgement of its' growing importance as a city,and has a properly-sized venue for the team's games in place.If the league wanted a location a little further away from Nashville,my second choice would be Chattanooga.

You know, you make a good point about Memphis. I still think my next choice for a team in Tenessee would be Knoxville, but I can see why an NFL minor league team wouldn't want to play at Neyland... that place is huge.

Although I think Chattanooga would be a better place than Murfresboro. Larger population base and still a decent distance away from the nearest NFL team (Falcons).

But I decided to just switch the affiliations in my league and put the Bears with Memphis and put the Titans with Vegas. I also added stadiums to my list and adjusted some of the cities without suitable venues.

snappers_sig.gif

Archived