Shipping company

Bayne

As far as the lighthouse thing....look, if someone is noticing the Statue of Liberty in it, which holds no resemblance the shape at all, then critiquing it for not looking exactly like your standard lighthouse is a bit rich.

No, it's just that your design isn't very successful at conveying what you wanted it to convey.

Nothing personal, and there are elements of the design that do work very well. That part just isn't working.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the font is good. I like it, but one thing that bugs me is that the logo is "backwards". The most important letter in the logo is the S, because the company will be called Starboard for short and the other words in the name are just sort of filler words: goods distributors shipping moving package freight delivery system company limited blah blah blah. The S is the most important letter, but it's half missing in the logo.

this is the most accurate feedback, everything about your logo focuses on the D (colour, size, the fact that you put points on it). which is another thing that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. the word starboard (as far as i know) doesn't have anything to do with a star or a D for that matter. if anything it represents something closer to the guiding star wich lucky for you is still nautical related.

don't try and jam to many nautical references (none of which so far directly relate to the term starboard) into a single logo. telling us you "chose to incorporate as many things as I could", in itself raises a few red flags. the lighthouse idea is quite strong by itself and i really like the idea of everything sitting to the right of the D. so id say run with that and drop the star, or do the opposite and drop the lighthouse idea. id suggest reducing the visual focus on the "D" by removing the points and colour, just simplify the whole thing.

as for your type you have a bit to learn, but either stick with the same type that gave you "SGD" letterforms or another simple sans-serif. you might even be able to find a suitable serif that fits a nautical and counters the heavy letterforms but that might be a push

its good work but i think it could benefit from some simplicity

good luck

What if all of the letters were black, but there was an orange compass centered behind the S? Moving the exact treatment from the D to the S would be hard, which may have put you off of it. An overlay would work, though. The focus really needs to be on the S.

• 2 weeks later...

I do not see a penis. LMAO

Looking at it, the first thing I saw was the statue of liberty head with the point crowny thing she wears.

I love looking at things seeing what works and what doesn't but there comes a time when... you have to say, ya know my logo works pretty good at THIS point. Not saying it's either way... just sayin'

chris_creamer_siggy.png

Please do not fool yourself, the Buccaneers jersey is conceptually and creatively an abomination. Read the "FANFARE" Here...

• 4 weeks later...

You can't argue with the collective opinion. That is what it is. Glad you don't see a penis though lol. There is hope for the human race.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Archived