Vancouver Canucks concepts

Roger Clemente

I've decided to try my hand at some Canucks concepts. The only jersey of theirs that I like is that 40th anniversary throwback they wore two years ago, which I liked a lot more than I was expecting. So I decided to base this set off that throwback, but also abandoned both the Orca and the VANCOUVER wordmark that accompanies it, while including the other two logos the fans seem to love the most. I made two versions of the set, just swapping the logos on the front and shoulders.

Canucks-001_zps3aa440c4.png

Canucks-002_zpsb271986f.png

Comments and critique welcome.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I really like the sleeve-stripe treatment, with the "V" looking like a cutout on the stripes.

I definitely like the 1st version better.

The Vachon logo looks good as a shoulder patch, but not as a main logo IMO.

The first white sweater is actually quite awesome...and I'm not a Canucks fan!

Nice stuff.

I'm a fan. Solid and clean. The V logo would need some getting used to in the stripes, but overall, it's a quality design.

Roger, do you still have all your concept readily available for viewing like you did with your Geocities website way back when?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Thank you all. I figured the set with the "Stick-in-rink" on the front would be more popular, but it also causes there to be two V-logos on each sleeve, so that's when I made a set with Johnny Canuck on the front.

I don't yet have a website other than my photobucket to display my work. I don't do concepts too often anymore. But...

I did make a new template. Actually it's not even remote close to being sharable yet because there are so many versions of it to create. Essentially, I took my old template and blew it up 400% so it's 40 pixels per inch. When I finish a concept, I shrink it 50% and put an off-color background to it. The most recent Sharks and Habs concepts use the same template, but it still needs a lot of fine tuning to get a sharable version of it.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Nice... That first set looks great! Not quite sure how I feel about the Vancouver millionnaires logo as the V in the sleeves tho. I feel as if the text inside the V clashes with the Other two logos... Perhaps it would look better without the text inside? Or possibly keeping the sleeves as is but ditching the Johnny V, either replacing him with another secondary or leaving the shoulder area bare?

I like Johnny Canuck, I just feel as though his cartoony design clashes with some of the design éléments you have going here... Maybe the unused VC logo might be à better fit as the shoulder logo?

Anyways, very clean strong work here. As à Canucks fan, I think they would look excellent in the 1st set you have posted. Great stuff!

Archived